Light-O-Rama Forums

What Have I Done

Ralph A

First year with CCR. Thought I knew what I was doing. WRONG! Here is the deal. I have 5 CCR'S for Arches. MY first is CC Arch 1 and It is on a separate network the all the other 600 channels from the PC CTB16PC ( Reg network, unit ID'S from 1 to 40). The network for the CCR Arches are Aux A, for all 5 Arches. Each CCR Arch is ID as such; CCR Arch 1, is Unit 1A, CCR Arch 2, is unit 2A, CCR Arch 3, is Unit 3A and so forth to CCR Arch 5.

I've completed my programming and what I see in the animation display is different than what the arches are doing. Example. In this one song that I'm working with now, I've programmed them to be all white and only three of the 5 arches are to be going for the first minute of the song. All five arches are responding to the program for arches 1, 3, and 5. and they are not white at all. In fact they are all different colors through out the arch. Yet my animation shows them to be white. I went into the seq and opened one of the RGB channels to check it and it shows all three colors (RGB) at 100% should be white.

This seems like a ID problem because all 5 arches are responding when only three are suppose to be running. I only have one USB 4858 running at this time because I'm not running the other units now. Just testing the one network at a time. This is also my first year with more than one network. Any ideas as to what I've done wrong?

Thanks for the help and advise

Hey Kellen, Thank you so much for your response!! I was beginning to wonder. Just this evening I located the problem. First year with multiple networks. I did assign different networks to each of the devices and assigned the correct port on the computer through the hardware utility, but because I was using a usb hub expander/splitter it was getting all the signals mixed up. I was able to correct by powering up the Hub and going back through the hardware utility and assigning a network to a specific comm. on the hub. Everything is working great now. Just took time (that I really didn't have) to figure it out. Thanks again!! Sounds like your off to a great start. Good luck and If I can help you let me know!!

Ralph

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Danny, Here is what I did. There may be another way since S3 is out. Others may have different input.

1. Start Hardware utility from control panel.

2. make sure your single ccr or controller is plugged in (power) and connected by cat-5 to your USB-RJ45 This is setting your main or regular network.

3. Select Hardware utility for control panel icon, and select auto configure to get your main comm. assignment. ( lets say comm. port 4 is assigned)

4. Now from you usb cord that is already plugged into your computer, unplug your USB-RJ45 and plug in your HUb (where the RJ-45 was) and make sure it the power is on.

5. Lets say you are running three (3) networks. Regular, Aux-A, and Aux-B.

6. From the hub plug in your three USB-RJ45 connect one controller on each of the networks ( This may not be necessary but it worked well for me) with power.

7. Open you Seq, Editor and the seq you are working with. In the tool bar select Edit, Preferences, Network Preferences.

8. A box will open and you will see where the ports are assigned and can go in and select the comm. ports from the hub to the USB-RJ45

9. Then click OK, and you should be good to go.

Others who have done this longer and with more experience may do it differently, but I had to figure this out on my own.

I hope this will help. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Ralph

• The topic was locked