Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC Controller Wanted

richardsonlights

I am hoping to buy 2 or 3 partially assembled kits because I do not know how to solder. This is my first year with LOR. I have a Halloween display set up with a controller I borrowed from someone else that does LOR. I have everything I need except the controllers and I need at least two that are already partially assembled. I am only 17 and I have school and sports activities so I really don't have time to solder...or know how...But I hope to learn how one day!

Richard, first, welcome to the Insnity that is LOR, and it's terrific to see a 17yr old wanting to get into this!

Ok, soldering is not difficult, really. If you are able, Radio Shack has several small kits (fairly cheap) on which you can practice your skills.. ok, easiest way to get controllers built.. The person(s) from whom you're borrowing the ones you have.. ask if they'd be willing to 1) either show/teach you how to solder, or 2) swap their working controllers for the kits you would order. Its worth a shot asking.. maybe trade a month of lawn mowing (once a week-ish) for the controller trade, built boards, for kits.. it's just a thot..

Welcome again.. and soldering's not difficult.. remember, LOR's got a goof-proof build gaurentee too..

TJ

Thanks for you ideas! Those are great! Today someone offered to put two kits together for me so I immediately purchased two kits and hope to have them in a couple of weeks! I am very excited and glad that I will be able to have my display hooked up to LOR. I have my Halloween display up now, running on a borrowed controller and love it! Can't wait for Christmas!!