Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB pyramid

ItsMeBobO

Finally made time to try a three sided pyramid. With base that is four loops which will each have 12 or 13 ccb bulbs.
Its semi ridged tubing 300 inches long.
Planning to use tracks to group the bulbs for each of four loops to chase and spin them.

Getting really impatient to order the CCBs.

FourLoops3.jpg
FourFlat.jpg

Just curious...why would you use tracks over groups?

Very interesting design though...can't wait ti see it in action!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you planning on hanging these in the air or putting on a pole? If you use the CCB ribbon which direction will you mount the bulbs? Facing in or out? Have you done anything yet on the visualizer to mimic the design? Most interesting! You get the creativity award for new ideas. Looking forward to seeing further postings in this. Thanks for sharing.

JD

Good questions JD. If I ever get to touch the CCB it will make it easier to decide. I measured the tubing on the outside. But I am guessing the inside will be slightly smaller. Not sure which will best fit the CCB string. At present I am hoping to put the bulbs inside each loop as it would be less likely to get bumped and turn out of alignment.

It will be mounted maybe a foot or two off the ground. My house is on a little slope so people will be able to see all sides.

Nothing in new Vizualizer for this prop yet. My other big project, a matrix is in. Its a 200 bulb offset matrix.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26525&forum_id=89&highlight=matrix

Hey BobO...

Your design is cool... how do you intend to make up the 300" length you'll need? Since the CCRs are 197 inches long, will you cut a ribbon and use 1-1/2 of them?

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

Hey BobO...

Your design is cool... how do you intend to make up the 300" length you'll need? Since the CCRs are 197 inches long, will you cut a ribbon and use 1-1/2 of them?

D.T.

He is using CCB's not CCR's...

a 50ct String CCB is 300"....50 bulbs at 6" spacing...

This is a CCB design. They are 50 bulbs on 6 inch centers. So 25 feet/300 inches. Each bulb will be cable ties to try and hold it. I think they will have flat bottoms so they may be hard to hold position on a round tube.

jimswinder wrote:

DownTown wrote:
Hey BobO...

D.T.

He is using CCB's not CCR's...

a 50ct String CCB is 300"....50 bulbs at 6" spacing...

Thanks guys... I guess besides my eyes getting old and feeble, my mind is along for the ride...

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

... I guess besides my eyes getting old and feeble, my mind is along for the ride...

Been there..

Done that...

Still doing it!! :dude:

khawes wrote:

WOW, just wow!

I got Windows 7 and media player and can't see the video! What am I doing wrong? I wanna seeeeee! :?

• The topic was locked