Light-O-Rama Forums

indoor only controllers... low channel count

pyromill

Some of the folks here may remember a power strip sized LOR controller that had 6 channels which looked like it was made for indoor only use. I waited and waited for Dan to release it, alas it never happened. However in thinking about things tonight I just have to think. Will we ever have a small controller for say our indoor Christmas tree, The "candles" in the windows? Myself I have been thinking about buying a pc kit as they are cheap and simply ditching the on board triacs.. connecting cat5 to the triggers and running something as simple as bell wire around to connect to tiny little boxes that can control 1-4 channels. Of which also control our Christmas tree so something as simple as rgb or sorts can be controlled and shut off when the show quits, and maybe even left with a so called after hours indoor only show with the candles in the window left on till morning. My curious question is though for lor crew .. any plans at a say 4 channel or daisy chan controller? like 2 channels per box chain up to just say 8 for 16 total chans? To everyone else... Has anyone used a lor board other than the dio32 to have multiple channels at various spots only running a low voltage cable to control the triacs so there is not MASSES of extension cords running all over your home ?

Attached files 250455=13600-6chan.jpg

There was a rumor that next month (July 2011) LOR will announce some new products, perhaps including a 4-channel low power (LED only) controller that will receive communication over a power line (Power Line Communication, PLC). This could greatly reduce the number of extension cords I use.

there was suppsoed to be two new 8 channel power strips comming out one had the mp3 director built in I remember the flyer about a year or two ago

• 2 weeks later...

That image is from about 10 years ago. It was never produced.... We are looking at a low channel count controller but have not set a date on the release.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

That image is from about 10 years ago. It was never produced.... We are looking at a low channel count controller but have not set a date on the release.

Dan

But at least you now know there is interest. :)
.... maybe an 8 channel version and a 4 channel version so you don.t have to run so many extension cords all around the house...a few cat 5's would do the trick.... :)

LightORamaDan wrote:

We are looking at a low channel count controller but have not set a date on the release.

So what about the 4-channel PLC controller?

• 3 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Oh say Dan, While I got you on the line, I had a question....

Dan??

Are you there??

Oh, Dan??

Can you hear me now??

Damn Verizon!!