Light-O-Rama Forums

replacement socket

Don Krasley

I don't know if someone there is disgruntled, but I got a kit with a lot of bent parts. The worst part was the 28 pin socket. I tried to straighten the pin but it broke. Where do I buy a new socket?

Contact LOR...I am sure they would be more than happy to send you new parts at no cost...

General Mail:
Light-O-Rama, Incorporated
PO Box 149
Hudson Falls, NY 12839

Physical Address:
Light-O-Rama, Incorporated
22 Hudson Falls Rd. Unit 52
South Glens Falls, NY 12803

Telephone:
518-539-9000 (normal business hours)
518-538-0067 (fax)
415-738-0398 (partner information)

Email:
Pre-sales Info: Info@lightorama.com
Partner Questions: Partners@lightorama.com
Software Suggestions: Wishlist@lightorama.com

Support:
Help Desk: http://lightorama.com/support/

Repairs: (please call for an RMA number before shipping)
Light-O-Rama Repairs
22 Hudson Falls Road, Unit 52
South Glens Falls, NY 12803

yeah, I am tied up during normal business hours, so I went to the "help desk" and got no help whatsoever. This was Wednesday when I went to the "help desk" and here it is Friday. What kind of help is that? I'm glad it's not the busy season yet.
These sockets are not that easily bent from what I can tell, thats why I say it looks like someone was mad when they put this kit together. Whats up with that?

Don
I have called and got exellent help from everyone. Sorry you are not getting fast enough service..Most can be answered here..But when all else fails call during buisness hours !! Very helpful

I thought that the "NOhelp desk" or the forum was as good as calling. My problem is I'm in a place where I get no signal and have no other way to get a phone call to them. If your going to set up a place for support, a good idea would be to check it on a daily basis wouldn't ya think? Maybe 2 times a day wouldn't be too much to ask for.
Just my 2 cents worth

I'll assume you logged back into the support page and checked if there was a response?

Reason I say that is, I had one situation where, I was grumbling about "no response from support and it has been 2 days.."..and somehow, either i accidentally deleted the alert email telling me I had a response, or, it didn't make it thru. Inquiry had been answered within hours. What you're describing is definitely unlike LOR...

I obviously can't speak for LOR, but, my guess would be, Dan will just swap kits, and want to see the one you received and sort otu what might have happened..

I will also note that if the transformer was not rolled up in foam, and secured as normal, it could do quite a bit of damage in transit, the way most parcels get treated nowdays..

And, there have been a number of gripes about no reply, where the reply was later found in the customer's spam box. But some occasional ones have legitimately been cases where things got lost in the shuffle.

I have the automated reply email sent from the NOHelp desk when I opened the ticket. I have checked there a few times and checked there again today. NOTHING!

The transformer was secured and is a good idea but not the case. I hear all this about LOR support being top notch and all that jazz but I don't think as of now that it is true at all.

Don Krasley wrote:

I have the automated reply email sent from the NOHelp desk when I opened the ticket. I have checked there a few times and checked there again today. NOTHING!

The transformer was secured and is a good idea but not the case. I hear all this about LOR support being top notch and all that jazz but I don't think as of now that it is true at all.

It does seem that LOR admin recently hasn't been stellar with regards to communication, which is not the norm for them. Whether it be bigger issues like yours or updates on new products/software or the contest (which I don't expect but only going by that they said they would update us "next week" about 2 months ago), it seems that this is somewhat unusual for them. Not that the forums should be a high priority for Dan or John, but for example, neither have posted in over a month. By no means am I upset by this, but just observing the difference lately. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come though, which would be disappointing. I want to trust that they are just heavily overwhelmed and preoccupied presently with software development (including recent software acquisition), new product finalizing, upcoming convention, etc.

Or PM/email Dan directly.

I'm sure a phone call would solve your issue in a heartbeat, but understand that is not an option (you're in a building with no cell service, or..??)

I understand you frustration, first impressions, etc...but many of us can assure you, your experience is the exception, not the norm. Also understood that does not fix the issue..

I'd go the PM/email route, sounds like the most logical next step.

Where I'm at, security is unmatched. Using a company phone for personal business is not how I want to end my job. An officer carrying an M14 plus a side arm scare the hell out of me, even if I did nothing wrong. It just isnt as important as keeping the money flowing. I may just go to Rat Shack and see if I can get one as mentioned above.
Still, if this was my business, customer service must be top priority! Who's gonna come back when you can buy as good elsewhere, and I've seen some nice ones cheaper too! So I may just be pissing up a rope here anymore. It's a damn shame to lose a customer, I know from personal past experiences. But no one from LOR is doing anything to keep me here.
I know it's the holiday now, and I don't expect to hear from them today, but I thought for sure Thursday at the latest would have been the case, guess I was wrong.

This goes out to all past present and future military personnel: Thank you for supporting our country and our freedoms. You are appreciated more than you know. Without you our country and that beautiful flag would fall! God Bless You!

Guest wbottomley

Don Krasley wrote:

Where I'm at, security is unmatched. Using a company phone for personal business is not how I want to end my job. An officer carrying an M14 plus a side arm scare the hell out of me, even if I did nothing wrong. It just isnt as important as keeping the money flowing. I may just go to Rat Shack and see if I can get one as mentioned above.
Still, if this was my business, customer service must be top priority! Who's gonna come back when you can buy as good elsewhere, and I've seen some nice ones cheaper too! So I may just be pissing up a rope here anymore. It's a damn shame to lose a customer, I know from personal past experiences. But no one from LOR is doing anything to keep me here.
I know it's the holiday now, and I don't expect to hear from them today, but I thought for sure Thursday at the latest would have been the case, guess I was wrong.

This goes out to all past present and future military personnel: Thank you for supporting our country and our freedoms. You are appreciated more than you know. Without you our country and that beautiful flag would fall! God Bless You!

Sorry for the harsh language.... but stop bitching and send Dan an email.

Dan at lightorama.com

It's as simple as posting a rant here!

Don Krasley wrote:

So I may just be pissing up a rope here anymore. It's a damn shame to lose a customer, I know from personal past experiences. But no one from LOR is doing anything to keep me here.

I'm shure this will all be resolved if you e-mail Dan. Just try not to get so bent out of shape.

Sorry for the lack of resonse from the help desk. We had someone from the support staff out last week and although we had re-assigned some responsiblities the catagory that your ticket fell into was not being handled.

You have been responded to now and will get the replacement socket sent out.

As far as people being upset when putting the kits together that is not the case. What does happen some times is that during shipping shifting parts can case damage. Most of the delicate parts such as ICs are placed in plastic tubes are thus protected. The sockets are not but as you stated are pretty tough (but in some cases not tough enough)

Dan