Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB matrix sine wave generator

ItsMeBobO

Anyone planning on creating a matrix with CCBs? If my wife lets me, I want to try a 50 x 10 matrix.

This tool is supposed to draw a sine wave and translate that into a sequence. SuperStar wizard may have stuff like this. But I do not recall a wave generator.

This is what I have so far. Up to 5 overlapping waves. 10 if you count the inverse flip. Can be positioned in center or bottom.

In this programmers development version, the bottom grid is the resulting pattern to be sequenced.
The upper one is for drawing the wave and determining what cells should be illuminated when the line enters a cell. There are a few adjustments to tweak how far into a cell the line needs to go to cause a light to turn on. Not sure this will go anywhere. Waiting for SS wizard in S3 to see what it does.

MatrixSineWave.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Bob you amaze me!!!!!

I was planning on a 100 x 9 CCB matrix myself...though it would be in the shape of a tree...sorta like the tree Brian B. used for his examples...

it will replace the (54) 10' pieces of PVC I have wrapped with (4) 50ct strings of Red, Green, Blue, White)...

see my videos to see what I now have...it's the "streamers" going from the top of my Mini Trees to the top of my Weber Tree...

http://westseattlelights.com/2010_videos.htm

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Anyone planning on creating a matrix with CCBs? If my wife lets me, I want to try a 50 x 10 matrix.

This tool is supposed to draw a sine wave and translate that into a sequence. SuperStar wizard may have stuff like this. But I do not recall a wave generator.

This is what I have so far. Up to 5 overlapping waves. 10 if you count the inverse flip. Can be positioned in center or bottom.

In this programmers development version, the bottom grid is the resulting pattern to be sequenced.
The upper one is for drawing the wave and determining what cells should be illuminated when the line enters a cell. There are a few adjustments to tweak how far into a cell the line needs to go to cause a light to turn on. Not sure this will go anywhere. Waiting for SS wizard in S3 to see what it does.

MatrixSineWave.gif

You must have too much money than you know what to do with. I'm still on incans cause I can't afford to convert to LED's and I only have two CCR's, 8 controllers and 96 channel DIO w/SSR's.

Bob, that's awesome. I was toying with the idea of doing this when I first learned about the CCBs, but then reality hit and I don't have the resources to pull of a matrix right now.
Are you planning to mount them to a board or something so that the are all facing the same direction?
I was envisioning hanging them from the gutter to the ground in front of my house so that you could not see them till they were on, never did come up with a solution to keep them all facing forward though.

Bob, I hope you didn't take that as an insult. If you did I am sorry, I am just jealous that you can just budget your money than I. I too write software and your programs are pretty cool and my last post was not meant to be a poke at them. I just wish I could figure out MIIP.

Thanks for clarifying Kzaas. I didnt know if you were addressing me or Jim. Really didnt think any disrespect was intended. But I was unsure about the money joke. As we all do, I work hard to make a living. I am blessed to have extra to spend on my hobby.

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic idea Bob. I just ordered my first CCR and hope to start playing with sequencing this month.

• 9 months later...

After a year on the back burner, I have opened up this project again. Bored at work today, I got some real work done and figured out just how to do it.

My other project..the configurator will be incorporated. That one was written before S3 came out, but not released for public use. The combo of the two will make matrix pattern building a lot easier. I hope so anyway.

If it can write a smooth sine almost like a scope that would be rediculous. Would make those of use who use Rock in our shows one step higher. I dont know how you sleep at night? Im constanstly working on projects for cars, but that has no where near the detail this does. I would hate to fall asleep with equations running through my head as I imagine you do. Thanks for what will potentially add to the pixel maddness of 2012!

• The topic was locked