Light-O-Rama Forums

2x CCR Arch

trankin79

Having some trouble wrapping my head around these CCR's. I have two CCRs I just want to use for arches. (Each CCR is spilt in the middle, creating two we'll say 8 foot arches).

I get them setup in the S2 programmer fine, it's just the programming side of things. 50 RGB channels, I'm getting myself confused here. Any tips or tricks to this, I feel like I'm missing something.

I really just want a bounce back and forth to the beat of the song. Seems easier then I'm making it out to be.

Thanks for all your help!

When I. get home I will sendyou some sequences.

In the mean time you can try the MacroMaestro program by clicking pic in my signature.

I'm planning on doing the same thing. 2CCRs => 4 arches. though I got beat out in the sale so I have to just think & plan until the summer sale.

I'm having trouble warping my head around the transition from one arch to the next: How are you (planning on) handling the transition between arch 1 & arch 2. Do you leave a few nodes out and do say 23 per arch, or do you cut them in half and create a short run of wires connecting them?

I would also appreciate the sequence snippets.

I put about 16" of wire between the two halves... I used 1/2" gray PVC and wished I had used 3/4" PVC.

There are two sequences with audio in the zip. The zip file will be deleted in a day or two.

This one use 100% macros.
http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2010/BobO2010PeterGunn.wmv

This one uses regular programming. Very simple sweeps in opposite directions.
http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2010/BobO2010ChristmasCannonKids.wmv

Important: My config has the 8 CCRs units as 20-27. The hard way to play it on your setup is to change the unit on every channel. There are two easier ways. Use the hardware util to change yours to 20 and 21. OR create a new sequence using your config and the audio. Copy and paste the whole track into your new sequence using paste by time. To do this select one column on the source then use edit/select/rows then cntl-c then click on the destination sequence and cntl-v. If you want the timings you need to do a copy and paste timing command too.

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2010/BobOccrSamples.zip
There are a lot of tracks in there. Look at the one called CCR arches for macros. For regular programming its CCR 20 to CCR 27

TsMeBobO wrote

There are a lot of tracks in there. Look at the one called CCR arches for macros. For regular programming its CCR 20 to CCR 27

Thanks Bob..When my CCR's come in I will have something to learn on. Alittle different than coventional programming! Let the FUN BEGIN

Thanks for these Bob! The more sequences I look at, the more and more I think I might be lighting the bulb up above my head!

I taught myself the super star program, then LOR bought it out. So I can't export anything. And I'm worried if I spend hours creating them, then S3 won't import them or something will go wrong.

Thanks again for the help!

ItsMeBobO wrote:

When I. get home I will sendyou some sequences.

In the mean time you can try the MacroMaestro program by clicking pic in my signature.
I downloaded your Macro Maestro. I export a #1. got it into the Clipboard on the side of the sequence editor. Now how do I get it into the program. Whether it is locked or unlocked I cannot get it into the program. i am sure I am doing something wrong.
Thanks Don

When you have a clipboard selected (locked or unlocked) that is where your copy & paste are stored & retrieved.

What MM does is create a clipboard file which LOR can read created by an external source. Its like a small part of a sequence.

So just click the clipboard filename. Then load (I think, dont have SE open at work) then select the cell where you want it to go. Then paste cntl-v

khawes wrote:

I'm planning on doing the same thing. 2CCRs => 4 arches. though I got beat out in the sale so I have to just think & plan until the summer sale.

I'm having trouble warping my head around the transition from one arch to the next: How are you (planning on) handling the transition between arch 1 & arch 2. Do you leave a few nodes out and do say 23 per arch, or do you cut them in half and create a short run of wires connecting them?

I would also appreciate the sequence snippets.

I have ribbons set up to create two arches from a single ribbon. I use ten feet pieces of 1/2 PVC conduit and overlap the arches about 8 inches. This allows for about 8 ft of arches and the ribbons end about 10 inches above the ground. Around here, it has worked out just right to allow for ground snow not covering the bottom of the arch. I did not cut the ribbon and add any wire in the center. I use 25 channels per arch. I don't secure about 10 inches of ribbon between the arches, and it seems to make a nice bend without damaging the ribbon.

Steve

• The topic was locked