Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Spring Sale .... disappointment

sasmuse

Yes! Thank You Dan,with a little planning and lots of luck many made it to the checkout with a bill.

Your company rocks and looking forward to the summer sale.............

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• friskybri

• texascop

• jeffandnicole

Well, all those who bought up all the items I would've wanted (..Bill..) are safe from the Lav Dump switch, as I was nowhere near the Store's site during the Sale :) But next year... next year.. be afraid.. be very afraid!! :)

Congrats anyway to those who got what they wanted, and to those who didnt.. remember.. Karma works!!

And it isnt You's.. it's Yuns!!! (west PA)

My Paypal account is fine and has been for 12 years. Paypal has it's own credit card which is what I use but apparently LOR doesn't accept that funding method from Paypal. I wish I had known that in advance and I would have transfered money to my Paypal account. I had everything set up and tested and was on the Paypal site within 25 seconds of selecting that one item. Every thing pre-filled. Thought I was in good shape. One glitch in the system.

So for future reference for others, the internal Paypal credit card is not accepted by LOR. Or it wasn't for the sale.

I am not complaining, just making an observation and pointing out an issue I had. I understand limited quantities, sales, luck of the draw, karma, etc.

I was considering CCR's and was hoping to get one to experiment with. Didn't want to have to wait until end of summer and be pressed for time. It didn't work out so I will go to plan B. Anyone use Firefli in their displays?

ace_master wrote:

Frustration indeed. But it is what it is...

Dan, Can you set up a Canadian USPS shipping calculator at checkout for next years sale... The delays to get past the errors at the current checkout screw your Canadian customers out of what we try to check out with.

No problem here;)

Cracker wrote:

martinmc wrote:
TRUST ME I NO ENGLISH EXPERT BUT IT MIGHT BE THE

YOU'S

Its a NY accent thing....think about it as he saying it...sounds right to me :)

Heck, doesn't Danny DeVito say it like that all the time? And he's a real funny comedian/actor too! Everytime I hear or read a "yous", I think of him. LOL

texascop wrote:

My Paypal account is fine and has been for 12 years. Paypal has it's own credit card which is what I use but apparently LOR doesn't accept that funding method from Paypal. I wish I had known that in advance and I would have transfered money to my Paypal account. I had everything set up and tested and was on the Paypal site within 25 seconds of selecting that one item. Every thing pre-filled. Thought I was in good shape. One glitch in the system.

So for future reference for others, the internal Paypal credit card is not accepted by LOR. Or it wasn't for the sale.

I am not complaining, just making an observation and pointing out an issue I had. I understand limited quantities, sales, luck of the draw, karma, etc.

I was considering CCR's and was hoping to get one to experiment with. Didn't want to have to wait until end of summer and be pressed for time. It didn't work out so I will go to plan B. Anyone use Firefli in their displays?

That doesn't make sense. Paypal distributes cash to the merchant, minus their cut. They're an interface between you and the merchant, but it is Paypal that gets your cash from your credit card, not LOR. I use my debit card as primary, and a credit card as backup. Can't imagine how it not accepting a paypal credit card, assuming it is like any other credit card, would be a LOR thing.

I just had my annual review at work this morning...one day late. I could have bought another controller with my bonus money...Dang it!!

As i understand it now, the Paypal credit card may have a deeper discount to the merchant than other credit cards and some merchants opt to not accept it. I know my credit line was enough to purchase a lot of CCR's and controllers if I wanted to.

LOR may have made a business to not accept payment through the Paypal credit card. If they didn't, then there was some issue with Paypal but I lean toward it being an LOR policy.

texascop wrote:

As i understand it now, the Paypal credit card may have a deeper discount to the merchant than other credit cards and some merchants opt to not accept it. I know my credit line was enough to purchase a lot of CCR's and controllers if I wanted to.

LOR may have made a business to not accept payment through the Paypal credit card. If they didn't, then there was some issue with Paypal but I lean toward it being an LOR policy.

It could also be a function of the yahoo checkout system. They may not allow pay pal credit cards to be accepted unless they are tied to visa or master card.

texascop wrote:

We would rather not take PayPal at all. It is significantly more expensive for us vs. Credit Cards.

As far as I know we have no control over how PayPal does business. Here are the only settings we can set and their current setting. (copy and pasted from our store's payment configuration screen).

--------------

Transaction Setting:
Authorize Only

Account Status:
Active

PayPal Shipping Address:
Replace With PayPal Address

Flag Address Mismatch (no auto-capture of order):
No

Required PayPal Account:
Required

Display PayPal in Checkout:
All
---------------

Dan

So aside from using a CC on the LOR web site or using Paypal, What else is there?

crackchecker wrote:

So aside from using a CC on the LOR web site or using Paypal, What else is there?

That is all that we accept online. You can pay by check/money/PO, etc.. but need to call us to do that.

We accept: Visa/MC/Amex/Diners/Discover/PayPal

Dan

I spent $403.00 on my starter package with a MC Debit card.

Plan on a CCR or Two in a few weeks..Why wait soo long to save $100.00 when i can be practicing squences till thanksgiving

The problem with most debit card transactions is you don't get the same consumer protection you get with a credit card purchase. But, it is all beside the point now. Hopefully I won't have the same issue in the summer if I decide to try CCR's. Thanks for all the input from everyone.

Ron Amedee wrote:

I spent $403.00 on my starter package with a MC Debit card.

Plan on a CCR or Two in a few weeks..Why wait soo long to save $100.00 when i can be practicing squences till thanksgiving

Because in the summer sale (If they do it again) you could win your purchase for free!!

I am a medium volume PayPal user, and it can be hit or miss I found. At times, it seems like there is no lag time, others can lag for 30 seconds to a minute for log-in process. Something I found out, seems like if you log in to your account before hand, and leave it open, when your buying something online, it goes a lot faster. Used PayPal last night, and was in and out in about a minute and thirty.

Dan, thanks again, and maybe now since we have the sale over, we can get a release time for S3.... :D

cenote wrote:

Dan, thanks again, and maybe now since we have the sale over, we can get a release time for S3.... :P

Nooooo...release time for the CCB's and the new Superstar Sequence Editor for the CCB's!!!!

Then the new visualizer!!! :D

LightORamaDan wrote:

We would rather not take PayPal at all. It is significantly more expensive for us vs. Credit Cards.

Dan

That's good to know, I will make my summer purchase via credit card.

I was fortunate that LOR (Dan) gave me a sale price after I checked out. What a customer service.... I understand all the frustration. I was ready to wait for the summer sale. My suggestion for LOR is maybe they can do it like Creative Display does- allow buyers to lock in to the sale price with deposit. Just a thought. Again thank you LOR.

Gee whiz guys. To the whiners, grow up! Dan tried to make everyone aware that there was going to be a limited amount of certain items. Hell I like to buy the CBT16PC kit that requires soldering, but without a high power heat sink. All available this year is the one with the high power heat sink. Which cost more than the regular priced one I want.

But you dont see me and many others getting all worked up. Please quit pissing in LOR's wheaties.