Light-O-Rama Forums

Wrong channels turning on

Jason Burge

Anyone ever have this happen?

I have 12 channels on the roof 3 sections each with 4 colors blue and white on all the sections work fine, but red and green are swapped. I have checked the dongles and the sequence editor to make sure they match. I have the same issue on my bushes so I am just going to swap the cords to the channels that the controllers want them to be on to make it work right. BIZARRE all my other controllers seem to be right.

Disable your shows, and open the Hardware Utility. Turn the "red" channel on and make sure it's red. Do the same for the green.

It might be a simple case of the labels on the cords mixed up.

Already checked all that. I reversed the way that they should be plugged in and they are working ... just odd because they are not plugged into the right channels at all. This issue is on two controllers and I had to swap 10 channels to make colors work right I can't figure out why though. At least its working now

Had to swap 10 channels? As in 10 channels didn't respond to the number they were assigned to?

So, when you opened the HWU and turned on (for example) controller 1 / channel 1, channel 3 would turn on? And that happened 10 different times?

Or you checked that, everything turns out right, but when you run the sequence the channel you have assigned to Controller 1/ Channel 1 operates channel 3?

Have you run the LOR Verifier? It might show you something you missed.

Something doesn't seem right there.

yes for instance channels 3-5 and 3-6, 3-9 and 3-10 And 3-13 and 3-14 all had to be swapped. That is not all of the swapped channels and is not a problem to me right now because I just swapped all of them. I ran the verifier and it shows no problems, just wondering what could be going on.

Jason Burge wrote:

yes for instance channels 3-5 and 3-6, 3-9 and 3-10 And 3-13 and 3-14 all had to be swapped. That is not all of the swapped channels and is not a problem to me right now because I just swapped all of them. I ran the verifier and it shows no problems, just wondering what could be going on.

So, you turn on 3-5 in the hardware editor, and 3-5 turns on.

Then, in your sequences the channel assigned to 3-5 doesn't turn on 3-5? The LOR Verifier reports no duplicate assigned channels?

Something still doesn't sound right. In 6+ years I don't recall such a mass scale channel mis-match.

hardware utility and sequence editor both are acting weird, although I didn't notice until I ran the show but it is doing it in the hardware utility too. I'm really not crazy though it may sound so.

You could also check the Sequence Editor menu TOOLS >> CHANNEL PROPERTY GRID and see if they are in order as expected and properly labeled. Check the "unit" and "circuit number" to make sure they align with what you have labeled them to be.

If any channel has been moved up or down in the working grid for ease of programming, the electrical channel number follows the move and they are no longer in electrical order down the left side.

Lets assume your original lables were (blue), (red), (green), (white) and such down the left side. Now, you moved the label (green) up one so it would now be (blue), (green), (red), (white). (red) & (green) positions are now swapped, but they are still circuit #2 (red) and #3 (green).

Original order:
position 1 blue (channel 1)
position 2 red (channel 2)
position 3 green (channel 3)
position 4 white (channel 4)

Now move label #3 (green) up one and that makes #2 (red) move down one and it now becomes:
position 1 blue (channel 1)
position 2 green (channel 3)
position 3 red (channel 2)
position 4 white (channel 4)

The electrical connections never change, only the logical order in the display has changed.

The best way to insure things are connected to the proper channel is by printing out the Channel Property Grid and follow it for connecting each circuit.