Light-O-Rama Forums

strange behavior

mbettez

I finally have my light show running. I'm having some strange behaviors from my ccr. I have it outlining a 5 point star. I only have 2 sequences with star animations. The rest just have a solid color star that stays the same for the song. The issue I'm having is the #2 and #3 pixels will sometimes be random colors. It's always the same pixels and I'm positive in the sequence editor it is set to a solid color the same as the rest of the channels. If I reset the software the star will be the correct color but next time around it'll be screwed up again.

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is communication. I do have an older cat5 cable going to the ccr. If I must I'll buy a new cable. Do you think this will fix it?

Thanks for the help!

Did you check the speed of your network? open your LOR sequence editor and goto Edit then Preferences and last Network Preference and check to see if your connection speed is set to "short range, fastest speed" that should fix it

also your cat 5 is fine, LOR uses a 485 network which could work with 4 conn telephone cable

Don't get ticked for me asking this question, but are you certain you don't have the ribbon set up in "Legacy mode"? I had a similar problem with those same pixels on one of my ribbons. I swore up and down that I had configured them both as normal. In desperation, I checked, and sure enough, the one I was having problems with was set up as "legacy". To check:

1. Open Light O Rama Hardware
2. Click "refresh"
3. Select the problematic Ribbon from the select unit dropdown.
4. Click configure at the bottom.
5. Click on CCR-Config Screen
6. Check that Unit ID Mode says "Normal" and not "Legacy"

Hope that helps.

I changed the network speed, still doing it. I double checked and the ccr is in normal mode.

If I play the sequene thru sequence editor it works properly, if I play the sequence thru the show player I get the screwed up led's.

Any other ideas?

If the Sequence Editor plays the sequence correctly that pretty much rules out any issue with your cat5. It also means the problem seems to be with the show player. I suggest uninstalling, registry wiping and then re-installing the LOR software.

• The topic was locked