Light-O-Rama Forums

Stupid Question On CCR

Don In Kenner-LA

Hi All.

Iam a newbi thanking of taking the plunge in ccr. Here is my question If your S2 software allows 4 controllers does the CCR take up a controller spot in the software or do I need to also upgrade my software to handle each CCR ribbon.

Thanks Don

Don in Kenner,LA wrote:

Hi All.

Iam a newbi thanking of taking the plunge in ccr. Here is my question If your S2 software allows 4 controllers does the CCR take up a controller spot in the software or do I need to also upgrade my software to handle each CCR ribbon.

Thanks Don

Hi Don,

If you do not use legacy mode (and I would not!) the CCR counts as one controller. So if someone had the Basic Plus license level they could control four CCRs or (two LOR1602Ws and two CCRs), etc..

Dan

If your S2 software allows 4 controllers does the CCR take up a controller spot in the software or do I need to also upgrade my software to handle each CCR ribbon.

What it really means is that you can use unit IDs 1 through 4. So, as long as you're not using legacy mode for your CCR (where a single CCR uses several unit IDs), you should be fine - each CCR will be a single unit ID.

Hi All.

One more question If you buy the CCR s do you offer a discount on upgrading your software like you do on other packages or is that just with the starter packages, Iam on a buget and just trying to figure the cost Iam probley looking to have to go to advance from basic plus.

Thanks Don

Sorry, we only offer license level discounts (based on hardware purchase) with the ShowTime Starter Packages. We have considered some sort of license level upgrade discount with the purchase of hardware but it would have to be automated and we do not have a mechanism in place to do so at this time.

• The topic was locked