Light-O-Rama Forums

How To ?

rgardner518

Is there a way to remove more than one channel at a time? The only way I see it is to right click on one, and delete. But is I had 10 plus, I could be there all day. Is there a way to select more than one channel and delete it?

Is there a way to flip a selection of squares? Lets say the below is blocks that are for 3 channels and the @ equals on.

Channel 1-@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@ @
Channel 2- @@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@ @
Channel 3-@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@ @

Now is there a way to select the above, @'s and flip them so they look like this:

Channel 1-@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@ @
Channel 2- @@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@ @
Channel 3-@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@ @

Without messing up the channels, or anything else in the row. and slection one at a time and cut and pasting. I want to know if there is a way to flip like you would flip a picture, for example. This is smal scal, I'm talking about several channels at once.

Did I explain this right?

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for...
I have a chase sequence that was out of order, went 1 2 3 4 6 5
So I copied the 6 channels
Moved the channels in the correct order and pasted the copied cells

I have include before and after pictures that might help understand what I did (moved Deer #5 and #6)

For your example I would copy channel 1 2 and 3 swap channel 1 and 3 then paste, then swap 1 and 3 back.

Attached files 207931=11553-After.jpg

PaulXmas wrote:

here is the other picture

If we use this picture. I want to flip all of the white in the blue box to look like the red box. Without changing the order of the channels. Or any other commands. The only way I know how to do it is to click each and every square, on or off. Or cut and paste each line one at a time. Both can be a pain. I'm showing a small part. Did I explain it OK, to understand? I hope I explained it right.

My question is, If you select a section, can you "flip" it?

Attached files 207935=11556-test.jpg

If I understand your question correct, you want to "mirror" the effect right? If so there is no mirror tool in LOR, I asked about this a week or so ago because I wanted to have my arches go from left to right and then right to left. One of the monitors, I believe Don, said no mirror effect in this version.

There might not be a "mirror effect" available in the new software, but with the new chase tool you can create chases in either direction in about three seconds - maybe four if you're old and slow...

George Simmons wrote:

There might not be a "mirror effect" available in the new software, but with the new chase tool you can create chases in either direction in about three seconds - maybe four if you're old and slow...

Is the chase tool available for all forms of audio or just MIDI?? I only have mp3 and wanted to do a chase but can't figure out how to.

shfr26 wrote:

Is the chase tool available for all forms of audio or just MIDI?? I only have mp3 and wanted to do a chase but can't figure out how to.

The "Chase Tool" is in the new version of the software, due out very soon. I can be used on any sequence, animation, musical (wav, mp3, midi, etc.)

Thank you sir! I thought I was missing something or I was just not smart enough to figure it out.

Is the chase tool available for all forms of audio or just MIDI??

The new chase tool is available for all sequences, whether musical or not.

But I think you're thinking of the chase stuff that's on the "Various Effects" tab of the MIDI Wizard. That's totally different than the new chase tool, and it's still available only for MIDI files.

wallleyes wrote:

Why dont you just copy and paste the red box?
'
because the red box is showing the after picture! I'm asking if there is a way to make the blue box look like the red box. everyone needs to forget that they are arches. I asking a general question.

My second question is how do you sequence strobes. On of a sec? do do I do twinkle or shimmer?

I believe if you shimmer, twinkle, fade up or fade down you can damage the strobes. You just turn the strobes channel on when you want them to go off. Does this sound correct?

mijoangel wrote:

I believe if you shimmer, twinkle, fade up or fade down you can damage the strobes. You just turn the strobes channel on when you want them to go off. Does this sound correct?

That is correct about the strobes.

As far as the original question about symmetry, we do not have a tool that will "mirror" channels but that is on our list.

Dan

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

so how long to I want to have the strobes on for?

That will depend on the song and what effect you are trying to accomplish with the strobes. At the end of a song you may see an effect where all the lights slowly fade off but the strobes keep going for a number of seconds.

It also depends on the strobes. If your strobes fire 2 times a second then you will want to have them on at least 3/4 of a second to make sure they fire.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
so how long to I want to have the strobes on for?

That will depend on the song and what effect you are trying to accomplish with the strobes. At the end of a song you may see an effect where all the lights slowly fade off but the strobes keep going for a number of seconds.

It also depends on the strobes. If your strobes fire 2 times a second then you will want to have them on at least 3/4 of a second to make sure they fire.

Dan

Thanks

wait wait wait...Coming into this thread late, are you guys saying that using effects on strobes will/can damage them? YIKES! I've read numerous threads on PC about how you are suposed to use the strobes. They all say shimmer for the best effect. :?

If this is the case I've got to modify all my sequences to remove the shimmer and just use a steady on....Right?

pokrplr wrote:

wait wait wait...Coming into this thread late, are you guys saying that using effects on strobes will/can damage them? YIKES! I've read numerous threads on PC about how you are suposed to use the strobes. They all say shimmer for the best effect. :?

If this is the case I've got to modify all my sequences to remove the shimmer and just use a steady on....Right?

I frown on turning anything with elecctronic parts on/off fast. The strobes are supposed to blink on their own so I do not see why a shimmer would be necessary.

Dan