Light-O-Rama Forums

New Sequence Software Status?

colonel

I am starting to program for Christmas and was wondering what is the status of the new software that handles the ccr a bit better? Is it S3 or v2.8? What can I expect and when? Does my license cover the upgrade? etc...

Don't want to get too far into the 90 minutes of music if a new version is due out.

Thanks!

It is being worked on and there is good progress. The major infra-structure changes are basically finished. It can be hard to do things "right" and redo the infrastructure rather than just place hack a solution but it will be for the best.

We are no ready yet to set a release date but I will work to get a tentative release date published.

I have to look into the license thing before I comment on it. Eventually there will be a license renewal fee required to continue with upgrades. We have not established a renewal system. Until we have it setup we will continue with free upgrades.

Dan

Fabian wrote:

90 minutes?

13-acre drive through with parking for about 100. Plus an obsessive-compulsive retired programmer.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,
I'm really looking forward to some sort of easier way (if possible) to sequence my lights. Would this new LOR software be anything like what is explained in the PC magazine???

Max

in the future techonolgy will be so advance you will have this thing you put on your head and think about you display and how you want it to work and the computer will program it for you maby

Guest wbottomley

T110431 wrote:

in the future techonolgy will be so advance you will have  this thing you put on your head and think about you display and how you want it to work and the computer will program it for you  maby

That technology is available now.

It's called "Wife."

Mountainwxman wrote:

T110431 wrote:
in the future techonolgy will be so advance you will have this thing you put on your head and think about you display and how you want it to work and the computer will program it for you maby

That technology is available now.

It's called "Wife."

But how to fit her on my head!

Shubb wrote:

I tried the "Wife" feature, it was filled with complicatations, bugs and unwanted add-ons.

Not to mention, that feature can be even more expensive than the LOR hobby!

Shubb wrote:

I tried the "Wife" feature, it was filled with complicatations, bugs and unwanted add-ons.

OMG.....LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :):D:D

Joe

hi guys, good day I want to ask if how to print my timing sequence in S2 program. because I want to see all my sequence for on and off. please help me.

thanks

jonjon_dm@yahoo.com

Denny wrote:

Shubb wrote:

Not to mention, that feature can be even more expensive than the LOR hobby!

Sometimes it works out though, like my wife telling me we need another LOR controller.

DavidPeterson wrote:

Sometimes it works out though, like my wife telling me we need another LOR controller.

you sure she didn't say she wanted a MAN controller?? :shock:

jimswinder wrote:

DavidPeterson wrote:

you sure she didn't say she wanted a MAN controller?? :shock:

Hehe. Nope, she got me a controller for my birthday last year, had an electrician neighbor install more circuit breakers and run outside outlets and even though we're gaining more channels by going LED on the house outline, said she needs some more for some elements she got from Darryl Brown's site. And she's been hounding me for a megatree for the last two Christmases.