Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Halloween - October 1 Christmas - November 15th
  3. what about the actual physical setup part? when does that start?
  4. Interesting sound. Quite like that, Have to check out some more. Sort of Hell's Angels meet Samurai.
  5. Today
  6. I start January 15th, by then I know what I didn't like or didn't work on the previous show plus what I want to add to this years show. Do a mockup in the sequencer and start a "wish list" for parts.
  7. also, lots of creepy cloth is your friend!
  8. if you made it taller and narrower might have given an eerie looks, I added giant inflatable spiders to mine.
  9. This is my first year of 32 channels of lights to set up, I am wondering more and more as I read these forums if I shouldn't start the beginning of October. I decorate normal for Halloween too! As for you more experienced and further in the addition how long does it take you to setup you monster displays? Here is a design concept of what I plan on doing.
  10. I love zip ties as much as the next person but if you want something that is less permanent, or that you have to cut and replace every year.... velcro zip ties: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XSHF5L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and/or cable management velcro: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCS77TU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  11. I was just going to say this is what I did
  12. the above will be what I am doing this year, here is last years:
  13. Hows the quality of that wire? I am going to wait for the LOR summer sale, as I don't absolutely need it now, but that might be good for future reference when I can't wait.
  14. over here rolling around laughing...its funny cause it could come true! LOL I think I will have to get a copy of this too
  15. wow looks so simple for the complexity of the show! The first year doing this so I am taking it slow with 32 channels of lights first. Do you have a video of your actual show?
  16. Oh man, I can't see the pictures from the original post. If you still have them, could you repost? New and that idea sounds awesome, Thanks! Nevermind I'm at work and I think they have it blocked. I'll check when I get home.
  17. Our Pacific NW annual mini (C.L.A.P.) is 2 weeks away! This is still a free event for all, lunch included. We have a great agenda planned, great venue, great members, lots and lots of door prizes from vendors who continue to sponsor our event! Final details and RSVP will be going out via email this weekend. If your not on our mailing list, get with me.
  18. I never could get it to straighten out. The last thing I tried was to put it under close to a half ton of pull across my yard and leave it out in the hot southern California sun for almost four months. When I loosened the tension, it went right back to the original coiled size within a few minutes. I ended up using the 3/4 inch straight pieces that Home Depot sells. See: http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html
  19. Quick question for those who use 1" pex tubing for arches- When you buy the 100' roll from Lowes/Home Depot, how are you straightening it out? I have started playing with it today, but it looks more like a mushroom than an arch as the bottoms are trying to turn in making a circle. I bought a 10' section for testing which made a nice arch, but I need pieces that are 10' 6".
  20. Yesterday
  21. Love this show, the setup everything is great, I would love to use it, but don't have nearly what you do! Awesome job
  22. I am just starting out this year, so no mega tree or pixels, just 32 channels of lights. My foster daughter would love this setup as well as the neighbor kids! thomasmule81@yahoo.com
  23. Easy way around that is don't add a device in the channel config. Instead you can add a device by right clicking on the last channel in SE and adding the device by name. This will populate the correct amount of channels according to the device you are adding.
  24. Your sequence may have a messed up channel configuration. With your sequence loaded in SE: Tools: channel configuration: Scroll thru the list: pay close attention to Unit and Circuit numbers. Red is always in the same place 1,4,7,10,13,16,19,22 Green is always next, Blue after that. (1,2,3) For some reason,when you add a RGB device, you don't get a choice of 24 channels (only 16 or 32). Pruning errors bit me
  1. Load more activity