Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Jimehc

Unable to add Prop to Preview

Nice thing is > if you have a LOR Preview - you can export the Prop from it....
  3. Today
  4. gsmith37064

Mattos EVO Pixels

Just got this reply back from Mattos: The EVO Pixel has 3 wires, power, data, and ground. Where the EVO+ has 4 wires. power, data, data, and ground. The double data wire is for data redundancy. Meaning, if a pixels goes out or does not pass data, the data will go to the next EVO and the rest of the string will continue to work.
  5. S6 6.2.18 Pro Keep getting the following error when trying to add LOR online prop. This only happening when attempting to load LOR props. Unable to load data from LOR props There might be an internet connection issue or problem with their server. "=" is an unexpected token. The expected token is ";" Line 1, position155.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Vince4xmas

Mattos EVO Pixels

You should get 170 per port
  8. k6ccc

Good ways to update props

I agree with modifying your preview for the new year AND SAVING THAT WITH A NEW NAME. Then assign your sequences to use the new preview. So I have a Christmas 2020, and Christmas 2021, and Christmas 2022, etc. Some years I may even have more than one. If for example I start 2024 sequencing in February and use a Christmas 2024 preview based on anticipated changes for 2024. Come summer when I am actually changing props and end up building a bit different than what I anticipated six months earlier, I will create a Christmas 2024-2 preview. Just to make sure I stay on the same page, I have a spreadsheet each year of things to do for each sequence. For example, a column might be "sequence candy canes" - referring to a new or modified prop that I need to sequence. One of the columns is which preview is assigned for that sequence. So right now, most of my sequences are still assigned to the preview Christmas 2023-3 because I have not touched them yet (I'm behind this year). Once I start editing the 2023 sequences to become 2024 sequences, they will get assigned to the 2024 preview. Note for clarity. I said "modifying your preview and save with a new name" and also "create a Christmas 2024-2 preview". Neither of those is the actual steps required to making the new preview. I wanted to clarify the actual steps. In the Sequencer, on the Preview pop-out, select your source preview (maybe Christmas 2023), and use the icon to copy that to a new preview. Give the copy, the new name (for example, Christmas 2024). Then edit the new preview to reflect the changed to props.
  9. tlogan

I have made prop updates almost ever year. I ALWAYS create a new Preview for each year, even if I haven't made any changes, just so that I can go back to a previous known, working version. It seems there's ALWAYS a tweak or two that needs fixing, if not planned, it's something you notice once the show starts. For instance last year, I had to move one AC channel to a new one. It was a fast fix to update the current Preview with the fix it will carry over to this year's Preview. Once all the sequences were run again, they automatically picked up the changes. Once you have your changes in a new Preview, you can open up any of your sequences and assign this new preview and it will pick up all the changes in one or two clicks. It's hard tell from your post, but if there are any sequences that you DON'T want changed, leave them assigned to the old Preview and they will not be affected by any changes in the new Preview. So, I would take new pictures of the space and create a new Preview using these new pics as the background so that you can see how they will look. I found it easier to to create new props and delete or archive the old ones. And, usually when I am working on an new prop which is an update to an exiting prop, I'll move the old prop to an area on the Preview where I can still see it for reference. Hope this helps!
  10. Tim Fischer

Mattos EVO Pixels

Yeah, I don't know anything about that protocol, such as if it's compatible with WS281x (WS2815 is a 4-wire protocol that is, as you only need 3 wires for the string start)
  11. Last week
  12. randyf

Sorry, I might not have been clear: I want to change the props not (yet) update the sequence (may be more on that after I update the props, but for now it is the prop). The vegetation in my yard have "evolved" even in the short time I've been here, such that the props I had originally created for them no longer match. Trees (and their branches) have grown; existing branches have have "curled" more; cactus have grown new arms (and some arms have needed removal). In a nutshell, the vegetation no longer matches the props I initially created for them and should be updated so that the show looks proper (I mentioned Palo Verde and Mesquite trees, both of which are wiry growers and can make significant changes in just one growing season). So my question here is how to change the prop, and not the sequence once I've changed the prop. For a crude example, consider you have a prop that is currently a box of 40 pixels, and you want to make it an arch of 50 pixels. It would use the existing controller and channels, but would definitely look different in the yard and preview. You could create a new arch and possibly replace the existing, but that might confuse sequences that may not get updated (don't know for sure, just speculating). You could move each pixel to match the updated layout, and it might easily allow for the addition of pixels in the prop (also, just guessing); but with the number of pixels that need adjusting, it could be tedious (though, shouldn't impact any non-updated sequences). There are possibly other methods; but at the same time, it's possible that most people haven't had this problem (and I'm guessing I'll have it again in the future).
  13. gsmith37064

Mattos EVO Pixels

Thanks for the info. I see it in the description now. Looks like it's the standard EVO pixels for me then.
  14. Do you have a Idmx1000?
  15. Tim Fischer

Mattos EVO Pixels

Looks like the EVOs are WS2811B, and the pluses are 4-wire HS-2348RGB B Protocol
  16. Lot #21 Falcon F16V3 w/2 differentials in Wired Watts case. Bulkhead Cat 5 to outside of box for everything (Controller used, but everything else new, all version 3) - $180 Lot #22 Falcon Receiver (white version) w/350 watt HC power supply in cableguard box (4 in CG-1500, 1 in a smaller cableguard box w/220 watt ps) X 5 (total)(used a couple of seasons) - $125 plus shipping Lot #23 Falcon receivers (white version) X2 in HC2500 enclosure w/2 HC power supply (one to each board)(New, not used) - $80 plus shipping Lot #24 6 used cableguard CG-1500 and 1 new HC2500 enclosure (with open end) - $40 plus shipping Lot #25 I have a lot of 15 foot extension cords (I do not know how many). I'll guarantee at least 30, but very sure there is more (They in a 40 gallon tub full to the top won't fit - $30 plus shipping Lot #26 I have a lot of 5, 10, 20 foot HC EasyPlug extensions (They in a 40 gallon tub)(You will get your money worth, many are new) - $40 plus shipping
  17. gsmith37064

Mattos EVO Pixels

Any clue on what the difference is between the EVO and EVO+ pixels besides $3? The description is the same for both types. I did email them and currently awaiting a reply on it. I did see they should be shipping mid June. Once I get my answer, I will be pulling the trigger on 35-40 strands of 100 pixels each. If I can get 170 per port, that would be great. I think that's the limit of most controllers.
  18. Vince4xmas

Mattos EVO Pixels

I just order a bunch of EVO pixels for this year. Should arrive in June.
  19. Anyone interested in an AC controller let me know. CTB16D V7 CTB16PCG2 V4 CTB16PCG2 V4 CTB16PC V2 CTB16PC V2 CTB16PC V2 CTB16PC V1 CTB16PC V1 CTB16PC V1 LOR1602W Model 3 LOR1602W Model 3
  20. Lot #14 50 HC Peace Pixel Pole and Nodes (New, not used but put together already) - $200 plus shipping Lot #15 HC Pixel node mounting net 3 inch center (new) X 2 - $20 plus shipping Lot #16 HC Pixnode Coro Cane 35 inches tall, 99 node (new, not used but put together) X 3 - $80 plus shipping Lot #17 Boscoyo pixel snowflake (24 inch, 48 node, 3 prong)(used a few years but no issues) X 6 - $60 plus shipping Lot #18 Pixel Wreaths (wire frame, green garland and 50 nodes)(used many seasons but no issues) X 8 - $50 plus shipping Lot #19 Alphapix in HC2500 case with 2 power supplies (used) - $100 plus shipping Lot #20 Falcon F16V3 w/2 differentials in Wired Watts case. Bulkhead Cat 5 to outside of box for everything (Controller used, but everything else new, all version 3) - $180
  21. Lot #13 HC 100 ct pixel strings with 10 foot plugs X 9 (used) - $100 plus shipping
  22. k6ccc

Kind of depends on how you are sequencing. In either case, I would start by modifying the preview to reflect the new reality. If you are using Motion Effects (which I don't) as I recall, opening the effect will stretch it to the new size. If you are using SuperStar, there is a resize command to do that as well (and you can do the entire show in one command if you sequence that prop as a single "Insert SuperStar Effects".
  23. Looking for advice from this wonderful community... I'm starting to work on my holiday display early as I have some new props and sequences to add, but I also have a number of existing strings (AC and RGB) that run into my plants and trees. The one problem with these plants is that they are not so static (they grow, get pruned, and even get moved/removed). During last year's show, it bothered me a bit that two of the big trees (Palo Verde and Mesquite for those interested) had changed enough that many of the effects just didn't look right. So I want to update the props for those trees (in a couple of instances, I expect to increase the string length), and was interested in how others handle this issue. Do you create new ones and try to replace the existing? Do you tweak the existing (could be interesting as there are at least 32 strings of 50 pixels, and few pixels would be untouched)? Other methods? Maybe some just live with it? All suggestions are welcome (since I cannot be the only one with this problem).
  24. Tim Fischer

LOR and RGBW pixels

OK, so you have to model every pixel (or in your case flood) separately. I can probably make that work as I only have a limited number of landscape lights. But that's not very scalable if someone were to buy RGBW pixel strings in quantity.
  25. Hello, Revised List minus what is no longer available. Lot #1 Boscoyo Medium Arches. New never used. 6 pairs - $12 plus shipping Lot #2 Holiday Coro 350watt 12volt power supplies X 3. New never used. (HC brand not Meanwell) - $27 plus Shipping Lot #4 Fire Prop (throws fire in the air, used a few times) Used - $20 plus shipping Lot #8 HC Lay flat Pixels 50 ct. (New not used) X 10 - $125 plus shipping Lot #9 HC Lay flat Pixels 50 ct. (New not used) X 8 - $100 plus shipping Lot #10 HC Lay flat Pixels 100 ct. (New not used) X 3 - $75 plus shipping Lot #11 HC Bullett node 50 ct. & one 100 ct. (New not used) X 6 (total) - $90 plus shipping Lot #12 HC Extreme strip for a Pixel tree (still in roll never used, about 215 feet 2.5" spacing), Quick tree topper (QT8 16 strip) - $40 plus shipping I am working on taking apart some pixel mini trees which will result in 9 strand of 100 pixel with 10 foot cords attached that were from HC. Also, I am looking into all the controllers I have. I will post this stuff this weekend. Thank you!
  26. Zach Carner

LOR and RGBW pixels

I think Steven is describing the programming the same way I did it. I have the RGBWW flood lights from YPS. You essentially just have to play around with the channel programming in Sequencer to make it work. The RGBWW floods take 4 channels a piece instead of the typical 3. They are as follows: 1. Warm White 2. Red 3. Green 4. Blue In that order. For my sequencing I have an AC warm white strand modeled as 1 bulb in the flood light display option. That gets the first channel (Unit ID 1 Channel 1). I then have one smart RGB pixel light modeled as a flood that accounts for the next three channels (Unit ID 1 Channels 2-4). That way, if I want to change colors to say orange or purple, the color mixing still works the same way it would for a typical RGB flood. For the second RGBWW flood, I repeated this process. Warm white channel 5 and RGB smart pixel channels 6-8. It’s possible, just have to get creative. Like others have mentioned, not too bad when they’re the only things on during the spring and summer, but somewhat tedious when you have a lot of lights to program. I drive it all through a Pixie4 controller run off a director.
  27. James Shelby

Mega Tree question

I'm running S4.
  28. BrianBruderer

Mega Tree question

Yes, it will run in S4 but I strongly recommend you stick with S5 or S6 whichever you are currently using.
  29. James Shelby

Mega Tree question

Can this size of pixel tree, 19200 pixels, run in S4???
  1. Load more activity