Light-O-Rama Forums

One Week - No Pressure, Right?

Santas Helper

For a lot of us, we light up one week from tonight, Thanksgiving evening.

Where did the past month go? LOL

Because of the extra warm weather, I'm on schedule while adding RGB arches this year. All testing happens this weekend.

But I know many of us are scrambling to get things ready as well so is there is pressure for some.

Hope everyone gets done in time.

• Like 1

Yepper!

Started early this year, issues with RJ45 jacks on old controllers, Pixcon16 issues as well as bandwidth issues. One week left to modify programming.

Seems like no matter how early we start, it always comes down to a rush during the last week!

But we make it, cause we must.

Good luck everyone!

I don't light up until Dec 1 so I get an extra week.  :D

I can use it too, the wife is always throwing last minute things in that I need to build. I am heading to Lowes right now to get more stuff.  :wacko:

I have a star arriving thro ups tonight once that is done and put up I'm ready to go. I ran through a few songs last night testing and I have one small issue have to fix today and I'm set to start Thanksgiving night.

This is my first year using LOR and I thought I started early enough but yes I am starting to feel the pressure, though I don't throw the switch until the day after Thanksgiving. I need to run out to Lowe's after work today to get some more extension cords. I can't just run from one light string to the next anymore. I have almost all my stuff up the big stuff left to do is all the ladder work, 2 upper windows and the roof line outline. Then it is running tests to see how different it is in real as opposed to visualizer. Oh and then it will be the going back to add the extra channels in the program for stuff that I missed when I mapped it all out in visualizer 3 months ago and last I checked I think my wife has done over 40 songs. Yup no pressure. Oh and I have meetings and other things after work the next few days. Where did the days go?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ggrrrrrrr...  Thanks for bringing it up.:o LOL  I should be all set up by Sunday.  That gives me 3 day for testing, as I too light up Thanksgiving night.  Hope all goes well for my fellow Lighters!!

• Like 1

I'm just sitting back and chilling.  My halloween display is basically the xmas dispay, other than adding a couple elements for xmas.   Living in the cold north, goal when I started with a LOR display a few years ago, not to be installing an xmas display in November, when we can have really cold and snowy weather.  Also concentrated on building "modular" type display elements than can be easy hung/taken down.  Most of my time is spend on testing and making over 90 femal/male screw connections.

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I don't light up until Dec 1 so I get an extra week.  :D

I can use it too, the wife is always throwing last minute things in that I need to build. I am heading to Lowes right now to get more stuff.  :wacko:

Same here, I usually turn them on static here and there on weekends while testing.

I also get one extra day because I light up on Friday after Thanksgiving.  The majority of the show got set up over the weekend before the election.  Spent a good part of last weekend building the new Tune To signs.  I've got a long list of little stuff to do this weekend.  Because of changes in configuration, every song had to be re-sequenced at least somewhat, so I've been playing sequences every morning as I leave for work.  Only found a couple of minor issues so far.  The FM has been up and transmitting Christmas music with Zara Radio since last Monday.  I've been doing quite a few configuration changes with Zara Radio as I now have a bunch of voice files from the http://www.thedementedelf.com/ and I'm getting all those worked into the pre-opening show.

So only a little pressure here...

• Like 1

Still waiting on my pixie16 Plug-n-Show tree to arrive, then I have to build it!

I ordered 11/2 and still no order status update or credit card charge.

Edited by robigd

I have all my house stuff up and some of the yard stuff, the big problem being in the south is that the grass is still growing and still needs to be cut. I have to wait until the very last week of November to install the big things. I will do one last grass cut the Friday after Thanksgiving then go all out to finish the setup in the last seven days.

I have all my house stuff up and some of the yard stuff, the big problem being in the south is that the grass is still growing and still needs to be cut. I have to wait until the very last week of November to install the big things. I will do one last grass cut the Friday after Thanksgiving then go all out to finish the setup in the last seven days.

Only thing I've got left to do is string the frame of the house, put up a few static decorations and build the megatree. I've got 16 of the 24 strips built and plan to finish everything this weekend then comes the fun part of seeing if they all works as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

For a lot of us, we light up one week from tonight, Thanksgiving evening.

Where did the past month go? LOL

Because of the extra warm weather, I'm on schedule while adding RGB arches this year. All testing happens this weekend.

But I know many of us are scrambling to get things ready as well so is there is pressure for some.

Hope everyone gets done in time.

Yep - pressure is on. Our warmer weather has a few issues though - can't put my LED spheres and strobes in the front tree cause the leaves haven't fallen yet... First freeze tonight or tomorrow - so that's good and bad. Need the freeze for the leaves - need it warm for my fingers... Still 200+ extension cords to go - & have to make many of them.. Wow - just really depressed myself on how much still to go....

49 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Yep - pressure is on. Our warmer weather has a few issues though - can't put my LED spheres and strobes in the front tree cause the leaves haven't fallen yet... First freeze tonight or tomorrow - so that's good and bad. Need the freeze for the leaves - need it warm for my fingers... Still 200+ extension cords to go - & have to make many of them.. Wow - just really depressed myself on how much still to go....

Daniel, I can relate to the leaves. I cut back limbs on the front tree to provide better view for next week. Although it needed trimmed anyways.

But having record and near record  high temps is keeping leaves around longer than normal.

Pray for a nice freeze and a good warm up. It's in our forecast. :)

• Like 1

After reading some of these posts I feel pretty lucky that I get to hang up lights with temperatures in the low 60s. My setup starts in 3 days... wow that got here fast.. I hope to have everything ready for thanksgiving night. Tall order to set it all up in 3 days but I have a clear schedule so I can work 12 hours a day if need be. I'm pretty low tech. Just some standard AC controller and some RGB floods so there's not too much that can go wrong. (now watch my computer die lol). Only bummer is one of the three days I have scheduled for setup there's a chance of rain. Oh well, this is Vegas, that's probably not going to happen lol.

• Like 1

Tons of pressure here. Some how along the way I completely miscalculated my power consumption vs my power available. Wouldn't be a big problem except 95% of the lights are already up. Luckily a nice member of this forum sold me another controller to spread out some channels. Hopefully it will be here some time next week. If I'm correct, I just need to set the unit ID and manually change the prop or lights to the new unit and channel that I select? I have been wrong before (obviously), so is there anything that I will need to do that I am over looking?

3 hours ago, slim00209 said:

Tons of pressure here. Some how along the way I completely miscalculated my power consumption vs my power available. Wouldn't be a big problem except 95% of the lights are already up. Luckily a nice member of this forum sold me another controller to spread out some channels. Hopefully it will be here some time next week. If I'm correct, I just need to set the unit ID and manually change the prop or lights to the new unit and channel that I select? I have been wrong before (obviously), so is there anything that I will need to do that I am over looking?

Why not just keep the unit ID the same on the new controller as the controller you are lightening the load on? Then you don't have to mess with the channels. Just set the ID and connect the lights to the controller.

Why not just keep the unit ID the same on the new controller as the controller you are lightening the load on? Then you don't have to mess with the channels. Just set the ID and connect the lights to the controller.

I have not thought about this but let me make sure I understand. If I have two controllers, both set with unit ID 01, it won't cause a conflict? Whatever I had planned on plugging into channel 16 on the original controller will be just fine if it's plugged into the new controller on channel 16? I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, I know what I'm trying to say but it's not coming out the best way.

Thank you

2 hours ago, slim00209 said:

I have not thought about this but let me make sure I understand. If I have two controllers, both set with unit ID 01, it won't cause a conflict? Whatever I had planned on plugging into channel 16 on the original controller will be just fine if it's plugged into the new controller on channel 16? I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, I know what I'm trying to say but it's not coming out the best way.

Thank you

Nope, it will not cause a conflict. been doing it for years.

And yep, channel 16 will be just the same on either controller if both controllers are the same unit ID.