Light-O-Rama Forums

cmb24d lights staying on

uncledan

One of my cmb24d controlling 8 of lor's 10w rgb floods will occasionally leave the blue rgb on floods 3,6 and 8. Works fine in hardware utility. I typically unplug the controller in the morning when i see lights are still on and plug back in. Sometimes it goes off, most the time not. It seems to work fine the next evening. Seems to me like something at end of show. Any input? If it matters I have 2 cmb24's with the same unit id controlling my tombstones. The other unit is fine.

Do you have the turn lights off at the end of each sequence selected?  There's check boxes in most of the tabs in the Show Editor.  Make sure you have those boxes checked.

Thanks, I will check. Seemed odd it was always floods 3,6 and 8. Didn't think of something so simple. I will check when I get home. New controllers I was thinking the worst.

Then I'd check the comm cables next.  A bad cable can cause all sorts of havoc like what you describe.  

I'll swap the com cable tomorrow. Just got home and they're all off. I'll get up in the a.m and they'll be on though... Thanks for the help with such a quick response.

Only flood 3 blue was on the next morning. Hasn't been an issue since. I didn't have an extra 100 footer laying around to swap out or I would've. The only long run on my display.

Is there a way to check comm cables or just replace? All worked well until today. Channel six was on this morning. Its my only 100 ft cord and don't have a spare. Tons of 50 ft,25 ft and smaller. Lights are all off when show ends and for hours thereafter. Yet channel 3,6 or or 8 are all on or some on in the morning. Today it was only ch6 blue. Thanks!

Is there a way to check comm cables or just replace? All worked well until today. Channel six was on this morning. Its my only 100 ft cord and don't have a spare. Tons of 50 ft,25 ft and smaller. Lights are all off when show ends and for hours thereafter. Yet channel 3,6 or or 8 are all on or some on in the morning. Today it was only ch6 blue. Thanks!

Here is a potential work around for your issue.

Last season I had a somewhat similar problem where certain channels on certain controllers would be lit when I got up on some mornings.  If I would stop and restart the schedule the lights would go off.  I assumed there was something generating noise on the line because when the show was running things worked flawlessly.  In the end I put together a simple sequence called All Lights Off and scheduled it to run repeatedly during the hours the lights were not scheduled to be on.  I never had any problems with the lights after that.

Thanks, I will do that until I get a replacement cat5 to see if that fixes the problem. The simplest thing didn't even cross my mind! Thanks!

• The topic was locked