Light-O-Rama Forums

Papagayo

caniac

Thanks Don 

Someday I will have to make a longer descriptive url for that page and move it to the right folder.   http://itsmebobo.com/SD.html  Back long ago on the old forum, the signature file was restricted to only a few characters.  So to get more than one link in there,  I made them all short as I could and put them in the root of my domain.

• 2 months later...

New release of Papagayo to LOR today to better support  RGB mouths.     Now you can select the color for each of the 10 mouth shapes however you define them.  Video of process in the works. 

Hi there.  I have been using your program for a while now, and just updated to the new mod yesterday.  I am now having problems sliding lyrics all the way to the end of the song.  I have tried now with 3 different songs, and every time I get to the 4000 mark, the sliders won't go any further.  I have tried saving, closing, and restarting because that used to work with the old version, but it does not with this one.  Any thoughts, or is it just a freak incident I am getting.  Thanks again for all your hard work!

Sorry you are having trouble with Papagayo.   The Papagayo program was not written by me and unfortunately I can not fix it.       My only contribution is the translator to convert papagayo files into LOR clipboards. 

The 'new' mod program is old and needs updating and a few fixes.    The problem you hit is common on long waves.  Zooming in and out will sometimes work.   I have suggested breaking the wave into segments in audacity.

Or you might be able to open the file in the other version and use the new one when you need its features.

We have some real papagayo experts who might be better at advising you than I am. 

Hi there.  I have been using your program for a while now, and just updated to the new mod yesterday.  I am now having problems sliding lyrics all the way to the end of the song.  I have tried now with 3 different songs, and every time I get to the 4000 mark, the sliders won't go any further.  I have tried saving, closing, and restarting because that used to work with the old version, but it does not with this one.  Any thoughts, or is it just a freak incident I am getting.  Thanks again for all your hard work!

I was able to get it working again.  Thank you for your help.  Its hard to believe something as simple as zooming in and out will mess up the program.

• 2 months later...

Hi Bob, I download the program from your link and it says its version win32_1.2exe

In your video it says 1.3.5.3 is the most resent version.

How do I find that newer version?

Cheers

John

ItsMeBob

Do you know if this will run on a win 7 64 bit machine? I have downloaded and installed both files but all I can get is a handler error and cannot do anything else.

Thanks

Wayne

Sure. We all have 64bit computers and all can run old 32 bit programs like papagayo.    There is a common start up message 'Image Handler'  which you can ignore.  Just click the button.     What happens after?  Papagayo should still be up and you open a pgo or wav file to start working.    If you get something else please screen capture it and send to me. 

Wayne, on my computer when I first open the program all it does is minimize it onto my bottom toolbar. If I click on it, it will still not open it. To open, I have to right click or hover over it and then click on maximize to get it to open fully for editing.

Wayne, on my computer when I first open the program all it does is minimize it onto my bottom toolbar. If I click on it, it will still not open it. To open, I have to right click or hover over it and then click on maximize to get it to open fully for editing.

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to post back on here I got it working.

Wayne

There is no setup.  You extract (unzip) the files into a folder under  Program files (x86).      You have to manually create a desktop icon if you want one. 

• 1 year later...

hi - I realize I am tapping in to an old post.  But, I am having the same issue that amstone110 mentions above.  When I click on the Papagayo icon, it opens and minimizes to my lower bar.  I have to hover over it and then right click and then click maximize to open the program.  Is there a fix out there for this is a setting I am missing?

thanks,

Mike

I have learned the editing interface real well and I have created a 83 second talking segment with a pair of Talking Christmas Trees.  In fact I created the whole thing twice !  The first time I made the mistake of editing with 24 FPS ! ..  So I started over.  I was careful set 25 fps immediately upon saving and naming the work.  I watched closely throughout my editing to make sure it stayed at 25 fps.  When I exported the trees (two faces) ..  I ended up short on time in LOR.  It is off by about 2 seoncds or more, almost exactly like what happened at 24 fps.  But it is definitely at 25 fps. 

What could I have done wrong ?

Edited by kidcole

hi - I realize I am tapping in to an old post.  But, I am having the same issue that amstone110 mentions above.  When I click on the Papagayo icon, it opens and minimizes to my lower bar.  I have to hover over it and then right click and then click maximize to open the program.  Is there a fix out there for this is a setting I am missing?

thanks,

Mike

This does not happen to me so I am not sure I understand the problem.  But I have a suggestion to look in the registry.     RUN   REGEDIT  and navigate to this key and look at the values.   If any are zero or off screen it may be opening minimized or it just may be off screen and you dont know. 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lost Marble\PapagayoMod]
"width"=dword:00000576
"height"=dword:00000355
"xpos"=dword:0000084b
"ypos"=dword:0000001e
"WorkingDir"="D:\\AudioText"
"LastFPS"="25"

I have learned the editing interface real well and I have created a 83 second talking segment with a pair of Talking Christmas Trees.  In fact I created the whole thing twice !  The first time I made the mistake of editing with 24 FPS ! ..  So I started over.  I was careful set 25 fps immediately upon saving and naming the work.  I watched closely throughout my editing to make sure it stayed at 25 fps.  When I exported the trees (two faces) ..  I ended up short on time in LOR.  It is off by about 2 seoncds or more, almost exactly like what happened at 24 fps.  But it is definitely at 25 fps. 

What could I have done wrong ?

Papagayo is an old finicky program not written by me.  You may need to close and reopen a time or two to be sure.  Also in SE  be sure to reload your clipboard if you create it again with the same name.  Paste mode must be set to by TIME.