Light-O-Rama Forums

downloaded sequence not in snyc with audio

kneel999

I have downloaded several sequences and I realize no one includes the audio file due to copyright issues so I get the audio file myself and the sequence is not in sync with the mp3 file I have. It is between 1 to 2 seconds off. How do I get the audio synchronized to the music? Do you need the exact mp3 the author used in their sequence or can I do something to get them synchronized myself?
Thanks

If the problem is that there is a longer or shorter "blank" beginning, you can use Audacity to adjust the time it takes the song to start.

Or you can cut and paste the sequence so that it starts when the music starts within the sequence editor. Using the change total time option under edit you can start the sequence later without loosing any cells.

kneel999 wrote:

Do you need the exact mp3 the author used in their sequence...

In many cases, the answer is YES if the original sequencer edited the audio file (as many of us do) for length. With an edited file, there's pracrically no chance of aligning the audio and sequence for the entire sequence. You might be able to align parts but not the whole thing.

Also, if using mp3 files, be sure the mp3 is a constant bit rate as opposed to a variable bit rate. VBR audio files are notoriously inconsistent from one playing to the next in WMP, especially when playing less than the entire file from beginning to end.

Thanks to all! I haven't tried all the ones that were off yet but the one I did try using the skew track option did work!
Very helpful people on these forums.
Thanks again.