Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Songs

RaceMedic

lightzilla wrote:

Sorry to have offended you fellows but that is just my opinion and obviously does not reflect the views of anyone else. No problem - no offense taken. And actually, it does reflect the views of quite a few people here. I'm just not one of them. I like the song, despite TSO's antics, and more importantly so does Sharon. So since I know on which side to butter my bread, and since it's a song that garners much acclaim, it will remain in my rotation also.
...no one will sit outside in there cars for 22 minutes in -40F or any temp... This, however, is something I could take issue with. Granted, we haven't had -40 here during either of the past two lighting seasons (although we have had it well into the -20's) and if it did get that cold I'd probably shut down the show because I wouldn't expect to see anyone at all. But almost every night this past season, and almost all evening long, regardless the temperature, we had people sitting out front in their cars for well over 22 minutes at a time.

Thanks. I think if I ran the show all night there probably would be some. I can't believe the number of people who've told me that they leave work and spend their dinner break here, or how many people load the kids into the car and go to Booger King and then come here to eat and watch the lights. Some say they do it a couple times a week or more. (Hey - maybe I need to hit up our local Booger King to be a matching-funds sponsor this year...)

Hey - are you gonna make it to our central MN mini in May?

George Simmons wrote:

lightzilla wrote:
...no one will sit outside in there cars for 22 minutes in -40F or any temp... This, however, is something I could take issue with. Granted, we haven't had -40 here during either of the past two lighting seasons (although we have had it well into the -20's) and if it did get that cold I'd probably shut down the show because I wouldn't expect to see anyone at all. But almost every night this past season, and almost all evening long, regardless the temperature, we had people sitting out front in their cars for well over 22 minutes at a time.

I live in a Village of 800 people 1.5 hours from Edmonton surrounded by farm land all the way to Edmonton.

I only had 1 car in 5 days during that super cold spell, but once it did warm up to -20F I had 3 or 4 cars every day.

As for the 22 minutes..............it was 1 single 22 minute sequence. I guess I figured that no one would want to listen "To How The Grinch Stole Christmas", when they can watch the show on TV.

Actually no one did stay for the whole single sequence, but I did it for my family just so that we can see the light show from the living room.

Took a long time doing a 22 minute sequence.

I do admit that if I lived in Edmonton I would of had cars out front in -40F.........just not in this Village.

Of course your display is something to behold.