Light-O-Rama Forums

New lor box w/ MP3 director

Guest guest

Ok, well here is what I will now be using. The box is 12x12x6" and has lots and lots of room. Even UL approved!

Now there are no wires. The lights will be directly hardwired in (they dont have plugs) and I do need to add the input powercords/data/audio. This will give some of you ideas atleast.

Zac

Attached files 64014=3895-newlor1.gif

Greg: The LOR MP3 director? You'd have to ask Dan.

Scott: I would have mounted it to the lid however for UL/CSA standards you could not put any hole through the case. The original box has threaded standoffs welded to the bottom. I used the peice of sheetmetal and bent a 90 in it. This way I bolted it right down to the existing standoffs and it is fully legal. (Has to be for city display...)

Zac

Greg,

Im guessing no, the mp3 controller could NOT do X-10. Why? If X-10 runs off of a serial port, and the mp3 controller is just a fancy standalone controller than, their would be no way to get back to the computer for the X-10.

--Daniel L

LightsByGreg wrote:

Zac, that looks real nice! I've got a question...can this control x10 as well as LOR boards?

We did not add the RJ11 adapter for X10 control to the DC-MP3 card. It is however capable of controlling X10 at some future date with a little adapter. I do not have plans for X10 control via the DC-MP3 this year.