Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating a master sequence file

GS

I created a music sequence. Labeled all my channels. Created a track with all my chase elements together (red tree lights, green tree lights etc). Created tracks with arches, fans etc so I can fine tune their animations.

Should I save this as a master file to build all my other music sequences from or should I build a master import/export channel file? Which method is best for retaining tracks? Or is there something else I should do ?

Which method will also pull in my visualizer too?

Thanks,

Glenn

Export and name the channel configuration - which will automatically include what you've drawn in the visualizer. That way, when you create a new musical sequence you can use that configuration right from the beginning.

Another note on channel setup. In my track one "master track" I have every channel I have listed in order of controllers. I never make any changes such as moving channels around in this track.

I do as you said and have a "red track", "green track", etc. In these tracks I arrange my channels in a left to right fashion according to my display in these tracks.

Good to see ya around.