Light-O-Rama Forums

Do you do other Holidays?

TJ Hvasta

With Valentines Day approaching, I wondered if people do other holidays in lights(spots, floods, etc) I guess quite a few do July 4th but wondered if other holidays were showcased.. Valenties Day, St. Pattys Day, etc.. :)

Inquiring minds want to know.. :P

TJ

TJ Hvasta wrote:

With Valentines Day approaching, I wondered if people do other holidays in lights(spots, floods, etc) I guess quite a few do July 4th but wondered if other holidays were showcased.. Valenties Day, St. Pattys Day, etc.. :)

TJ

I only do Christmas, but as I mentioned earlier this week to a recent newbie that couldn't wait for the first holiday to arrive, Groundhog's Day is just around the corner on 2/2.

Should be easy to sequence:

bob wrote:

Groundhog's Day is just around the corner

I suggest taking full advantage of the looping capability of animation sequences.

lol...ahhh...a Bill Murray fan!!

~ What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.
~ Phil Connors (Bill Murray)

Hello!

I have done several other holidays.

Valentine's Day 2008 (I did have a Love Stinks mix using the original and the Adam Sandler version from The Wedding Singer but YouTube yanked it!!)

St. Patrick's Day

Easter

and of course the most fun: Halloween (I can whip out the DJ equipment and I can blast the music as loud as I want for one night only!!!)

Here is a link to my youtube page, click on playlists to view anything you want (I apologize in advance for the video quality of the older videos!!!): http://www.youtube.com/user/vladdysdaddy

But if you want to see the best one:

The saddest thing is that I moved last year and I had a better turn out in SJ for my Valentine's display than I have this year for Christmas!!! :P

Have yet to do the 4th of July. Don't know how motivated I will be to do lights when it is 110 degrees!!!

TJ Hvasta wrote:

With Valentines Day approaching, I wondered if people do other holidays in lights(spots, floods, etc) I guess quite a few do July 4th but wondered if other holidays were showcased.. Valentines Day, St. Pattys Day, etc.. :)

TJ

I have flood lights turn on each night with LOR. I have some big RGB DMX floods, and have them programmed for a different color each night. I do the appropriate colors on the holidays (red/pink/white=valentines day, yellow/teal/blue=Easter, Green=St Pattys, etc etc).

I also work those same floods into the Christmas display.

D.T.

Jim, sorry 'bout tha.. it was bottled up fer a long time, beggin' ta get out :P

Surfin'.. that song's cute..

Baron (loved yer movie, 'mate!), rollikin' show ya go' thar! love th' actors.. mine be a bit stiff, an' shallow... check my YouTube page, http://www.youtube.com/user/skygodtj#p/u/0/r4CsaCiFd1E I tend ta do 'aloween big too! This was th' 3rd year fer Pirates o' th' Caribbean theme.. 2010 be a bit "darker" 'aunted playground is planned.. already thinkin' 'ow ta use LOR like ya did, 'mate :)

Valentines Day, some sappy love songs (NOT).. Adam Sandler's Love Stinks sounds like a GREAT idea!!

St. Patty's Day, playin' Notre Dame Fight song?

I will prob wrap somethin' together fer July 4th.. make some kind of light pole with a fake bomburst at the top.. an' red, white, blue floods.. Lee Greenwood, John Philip Sousa, Boston Pops.. etc.

Labor Day.. hmmm... "Get A Job", or "I Dont Wanna Work, I Just Wanna Bang On This Drum All Day"

'aloween... LOTS of ideas runnin' thru me 'ead..

Thankgiving.. hmmm, will still have to think o' tha' one..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Jim, sorry 'bout tha.. it was bottled up fer a long time, beggin' ta get out :)

don't be...I thought it was hilarious!! :P

Wouldn't say it was a Holiday, since my team didn't win. But here is a light show I did last football season. I changed the team name at the end, depending on who we were playing that week.

Hope you like it.

DrHudd

TJ Hvasta wrote:

TJ

I just got my 1st controllers last week and plan on doing it all....

May even do "secretary's day" and "victory of japan day" :shock: