Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Planning Spreadsheet

Guest guest

http://home.san.rr.com/rschimka/ControllerPlanningSample.xls

I thought folks on the forum might like to see a spreadsheet that I use to calculate LOR channel, controller, and circuit loading. Actually, I got the basic shell of the spreadsheet from something that was posted here awhile back, and then I modified it for my LOR purposes...

If you fill in the load for each set of lights connected to each channel, then the summary page will give you the totals necessary to plan for size and quantity of electrical circuits...Of course, it would probably be pretty rare to have all lights on at the same time, so you may want to apply a diversity factor when figuring out the number of circuits needed.

If you have any suggestions for improvements or comments, please let me know.

Thanks, Randy

Randy, I think I may have sent you that one. At least the it looks formiliar and the color scheme on it looks the same. If it is, those changes you did to it look very helpful, I think I will have to modify mine to include those.

I have something similiar I do also, but I also include lights and wattage on it. This way, it's easy to determine how many lights you have out in the display, and for those that only know wattage info but not amp info, or vice versa, it calculates that in there for you.

But definitely, any spreadsheet is helpful before you go out there and start loading up a wire. Sometimes, one can quickly add way too much to a line and not realize it till it's too late!!!