Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 and 16 channel

Guest guest

Thanks Dan

When my boards arrive Friday I will see if i can get 2 in a rite time box. ALSO another question? Do i need to install spacers for heat dissipation for the mp3 board?

Scot Meyers wrote:

Thanks Dan

When my boards arrive Friday I will see if i can get 2 in a rite time box. ALSO another question? Do i need to install spacers for heat dissipation for the mp3 board?

You really do not need to worry about heat dissipation on the MP3 board. However it is always best to mount circuit board in the air ( with standoffs or in slots ). I recommend using standoffs for the MP3 board.

• 1 month later...

Scot Meyers wrote:

I just purchased the MP3 player and was wondering if the mp3 player can fit in a rite time box along with a CTB16D?

Did you get to see if these boards fit in the ritetime box? My MP3 and some more CTB16D's will arive Friday.

I just realized that I was going to try and put my Ramsey FM30 in the same box as the MP3 Director. I'm quite sure all 3 won't fit so I may have to have one box just for the MP3 and the transmitter. Do you have an FM transmitter and if so, where to you have it in relation the the MP3 Director?

I have the small Belkin which I modified. It will go in the Orbit box with the MP3 card and the 16 channel card. I am not sure if I like the quality of the Belkin and am thinking of getting the Ramsey. Then I will need a seperate box or will run a wire from the MP3 card into the house to hook up to the Ramsey.

Shawn