Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a better way...

Guest guest

I've searched the forum and the LOR Wiki but don't find a way to copy the entire channel's sequence information.

I have a channel (a mini tree) that I would like to duplicate to three other channels (mini trees) so that they operate together.

Any ideas how I can do this easier than (1) selecting the entire row and (2) pasting to the new channel?

Thanks, Roger.

rsingletary wrote:

I've searched the forum and the LOR Wiki but don't find a way to copy the entire channel's sequence information.

I have a channel (a mini tree) that I would like to duplicate to three other channels (mini trees) so that they operate together.

Any ideas how I can do this easier than (1) selecting the entire row and (2) pasting to the new channel?

Thanks, Roger.

Honestly, a copy and paste in the manner you describe shouldn't take more than 10 seconds. Select the entire row of the first tree, then copy. Focus on the first cell of the next tree, and copy. Do that two more times, quickly, and your done.

Any copy function along the lines you are thinking would probably mean you still have to define the channels anyway. Or worse, overwrite what you already have in place.

Roger, are you talking one channel per mini tree or several per many tree?

Either way, I think Don pretty much summed it up. Copy (ctrl + C) the channel/s and paste (ctrl + V). It can't get any easier than that (I don't think).

Tom

I think the whole line copy is fast if you don't have the sequence up in full screen. If you've got it maximized to full screen, it will take AGES to scroll across to the end of the song. (Sequencer itself maximized, song within the sequence maximized.)

I think this is because the distance of the cursor from the right hand side of the scrolling area is going to determine how fast it scrolls? So if you've got everything maximized, you aren't going to be able to scroll with any speed at all (unless you move your mouse up and down over and over while staying on the far right, which is just as unfun).

jmccorm wrote:

I think the whole line copy is fast if you don't have the sequence up in full screen. If you've got it maximized to full screen, it will take AGES to scroll across to the end of the song. (Sequencer itself maximized, song within the sequence maximized.)

I think this is because the distance of the cursor from the right hand side of the scrolling area is going to determine how fast it scrolls? So if you've got everything maximized, you aren't going to be able to scroll with any speed at all (unless you move your mouse up and down over and over while staying on the far right, which is just as unfun).

Boy you lost me on that one. I keep mine at full screen all the time.

I click & select the first block of the channel to the sequence, then go to the scroll bar at the bottom, click and drag the scroll to the end of the sequence, click & select on the last block while holding down the shift key and wham, the whole channel is selected in a mater of a second or two. Then hit ctrl-C, go to the next line at the first block and select it, hit ctrl-V and poof, there is my duplicate channel.

If selecting several channels to copy at the same time, then do the same thing but go to the last block of the last channel wanting to copy.

That's pretty much it.

Tom

Edited: for missing words

Wow. Why didn't I think of the shift key paradigm? That works great!

The only unexpected oddity, which I actually like, is while you are holding down the SHIFT key, it is in area select mode. You don't actually have to clock on the lower-right hand side of your area select box. Only release the SHIFT key.

Thanks for the tip. That'll make cuting/pasting much faster.