Light-O-Rama Forums

Something weird happened to my MP3-Director card

Dale W

I have been using the same SD card all season to run the show. Last night, it kicked off like it was supposed to do so and about 2 hours into the show it was brought to my attention that nothing was going on.

I have a separate card I use for "last show" and put it in. It worked fine.

So I pulled out my spare SD card, reformatted it, loaded it and plugged it in to the player. The show worked properly.

I just thought it was freaky weird that the old SD card failed the way it did (I tried to reformat it and I got an error).

I had a very similar issue but it was tied to a specific event. I had my show running for three weeks like clockwork. I did some electrical work on my house and accidentally flipped the breaker that my LOR was on. At the time the show was not running..but after I flipped the breaker off then back on.. no more show!!!

Something similar, I had a card loose its formatting, and fall back on a previous one with old shows and audio.

I did not think that was possible if the FAT was over written by a newer one

--Daniel L

The same thing happened to our show this year. Our show plays continuously through out the day - daytime has an announcemnt - night time the show. The show was playing fine for a couple of weeks when one day nothing was happening. I plugged the SD card into a computer, and it told me the card was not formatted and asked if I wanted to format it.

I had the write enable turned off on the card, but yet it lost everything on it. I formatted the card without error, but have not used it in another show.

Dan