Light-O-Rama Forums

I want to play music all day

Rooster 2008

I have a lot of Christmas music and would like to put it over the air VIA my FM transmitter all day till my show starts. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I use simple show builder for my show and really want to play music the rest of the day.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas from the Renfro Family in Bakersfield Ca.

Try Zara Radio. It's a free program and works great. You can easily tell it to stop when your show comes on and resume when your show is over. Easy to learn and easy to work with. Merry Christmas!

George Simmons wrote:

Try Zara Radio. It's a free program and works great. You can easily tell it to stop when your show comes on and resume when your show is over. Easy to learn and easy to work with. Merry Christmas!

+1 (or is that 2? I use it at home, and at the city show)

My cranky old show PC didn't like running Zara and LOR, so I'm using winamp instead for music when the show isn't running.

I have 5 second animations in the startup and shutdown that run windows commands to stop and start winamp at the beginning and end of the show using the winamp CLamp utility.

I do like Zara's features, especially the scheduled announcements and playing random clips, but doing it like this with winamp the "off duty" music automatically follows the show schedule.

You can do this with LOR. Just make new musical sequences for each song with no lighting effects. Make as many as you want, and group into a new show, ie music.
Stop music show at same time as regular show starts. There will probably be some delay before your regular show starts, so it may not start exactly on time. (The music show must finish first).

I use SAM broadcaster and wrote a PAL script so that it only plays music when the LOR is Off.. that way I could use an advanced playlist rotation scheme.. I have 2100 christmas songs in the rotation... and so I set it up to not play the same title in 3 hours, the same artist in an hour. and the same artist / title combo in 3 days.. the neighbors across street and next door really enjoyed the music..

I have my transmitter turned super low as to only get a few houses on either side..

-Christopher

George Simmons wrote:

George: Thanks so much for the help with Zara Radio. This is great and I really like it. It is simple to use and everything.

Thanks to all for your help. If you are not using Zara Radio you should give it a try.

I use zara and to generate a daily playlist I use tobascos clock wheel it works pretty good so I can get all my radio promos in and different music through out a 24 hour time period. here is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.riograndemud.com/clockwheel/clockwheel.htm

greg