Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2 Software and Volume

salighie

Hello,

I'm a nUb but loving it...

I recently noticed that the volume in musical sequences is much lower that the actual MP3 - if played in directly in media player.

Is there a way to increase that?

The difference is noticeable wheather I output audio to external speakers (outdoor garden speakers 100W each) or I output to the Laptop's speakers.

Thanks

:?

This is a known issue with LOR. The experts can describe it better than I can but it has something to do with how LOR and WMP react together. If you want to boost the gain, try something like a freeware program called MP3 Gain and raise the loudness of your media files a bit. Don't get too carried away or else you'll wind up with distortion you won't like. You can also use this program to equalize the loudness of all your audio files and announcements for a more professional sounding broadcast.

You know how WMP and iTunes have a volume control that adjusts how loud they are relative to other sounds? With LOR, that is at 50%, and not adjustable. If you have other sound sources, like WMP, or zara radio, set the application volume about 50%, and you should be more even.