Light-O-Rama Forums

Standalone Routine Outside of Scheduled show.

adamj12b

Hello Everyone,

This is my first year of a light display, and I must say that I am loving it. I got a late start only starting 2 weeks ago, but as of last night (fri dec 18) I was up and running.

For my system, I am running 2 CTB16K controllers. One is the deluxe, one is the regular. Both are the high power versions.

So my question is about the standalone operation of the controller. I downloaded a 1 minute sequence with some nice slow fades into the deluxe controller (number 01). When the power is turned on, the lights start and work great.

When I connect the USB to 485 adaptor and run a sequence, It either doesn't do anything but continue the standalone operation, or controller 02 will only be controlled...

I would like to be able to have the lights come on with a timer like they do, then when I connect up my laptop with the show on it, I can run it. Then when I disconnect the laptop, it would go back to the standalone operation.

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

-Adam

Anytime a stand-alone sequence is loaded into a deluxe unit, it's going to run when powered.

This will interfere with the operation of the unit with a laptop connected (which is why you are seeing problems.)

It is not possible to do what you want to do. (Unless you get an MP3 Director and have two different SD cards lying around (or one SD card programmed to use different parts of the dial.))

OK, A second question, If I set up the trigger condition to Input(norm open switch) I could run a low voltage switch line into the office so when I connect the laptop, I could flip the switch and be able to run the show, then, when im done, I could flip it back and it would run standalone??

Would this work?

Thanks,

-Adam