Light-O-Rama Forums

amps and lor

Guest guest

got a few questions havent seen them on the form yet

when i put my display up ill be counting the amps makin sure i dont go over 15 per side or 8 per chan or 2 per chan which ever the case may be ill also be using a kill a watt meter/checker to show what it will be running at 100% so my question is what if i some how go over by .5 amps (8.5amps) or even 1amp on a chan or 15.5amps on 1 side

DAN?

Thanks

I'm sure someone else (Dan) will pipe in with some more details, but don't even go close to the maximum rated value. Odds are fuses or breakers will trip if you go over, but why risk it? I would try to stay around 6.5 amps per channel max or 12 amps per side max to allow a little bit of breathing room.

rockyct has some pretty good advice. Running things as 80% rating is a good way to keep things running health.....

On the other hand, the CTB16D and CTB08D are designed to handle 40/20 amps respectivly. The channels are rated at 8 amps but that includes a 50% safety margin...

I would not be too concerned with pushing to the limit. As rockyct said you will then be at the mercy of the the safety devices (fuses and circuit breakers). Having a section of the display out because a safety device triggered is not cool.