Light-O-Rama Forums

Light O Rama Controller

John Ciuffo

My Controller is acting up tonight, my 9th channel won't go off for some reason it just stays on. Even when the song is over, it just stays on, I tryed turning the unit off and when I turn the unit back on it comes on and stays on it just started this tonight. What can I do? Help:(

Try the following: Shut down power to all your controllers. Disconnect your serial/usb data cable, reboot your PC, re-attach your data cable, power up your controllers. I can't guarantee it will work or even tell you why it would, but it has solved a similar intermittent problem for me and others. If that doesn't work try resetting the controller in question.

George Simmons wrote:

Try the following: Shut down power to all your controllers. Disconnect your serial/usb data cable, reboot your PC, re-attach your data cable, power up your controllers. I can't guarantee it will work or even tell you why it would, but it has solved a similar intermittent problem for me and others. If that doesn't work try resetting the controller in question.

Ok, I tryed all you told me to do and channel 9 still slays on. How do you reset it?

PC series - Remove power. Remove jumper on second row of pins. Apply power for a few seconds. Watch for fast blinking LED. Remove power. Install jumper on 2nd row of pins. Apply power

Deluxe controllers (including 1602W) Remove power. Set ID dials to 00. Apply power for a few seconds, and watch for fast blinking LED. Remove power. Return ID dials to desired unit ID. Apply power.

-klb- wrote:

PC series - Remove power. Remove jumper on second row of pins. Apply power for a few seconds. Watch for fast blinking LED. Remove power. Install jumper on 2nd row of pins. Apply power

Deluxe controllers (including 1602W) Remove power. Set ID dials to 00. Apply power for a few seconds, and watch for fast blinking LED. Remove power. Return ID dials to desired unit ID. Apply power.

I don't see any jumpers on my units. Are they suppost to have them? The jumper block is right next to my Set ID dials that is next to the Either net Plugins right.:?

jciuffo wrote:

I don't see any jumpers on my units. Are they suppost to have them? The jumper block is right under to the right of the Either net Plugins right.:?

Does your unit have the rotary switches for setting the address? If it does, then it does not need the jumper.

Regards,

Alan.

Alan C wrote:

jciuffo wrote:
I don't see any jumpers on my units. Are they suppost to have them? The jumper block is right under to the right of the Either net Plugins right.:?

Does your unit have the rotary switches for setting the address? If it does, then it does not need the jumper.

Regards,

Alan.
yes

Per the above post submitted by -klb-....

PC series - Remove power. Remove jumper on second row of pins.
Apply power for a few seconds. Watch for fast blinking LED.
Remove power. Install jumper on 2nd row of pins. Apply power

Deluxe controllers (including 1602W) Remove power. Set ID dials to 00.
Apply power for a few seconds, and watch for fast blinking LED.
Remove power. Return ID dials to desired unit ID. Apply power.

Yours would be the one with the "Deluxe Controller" since you have the dials

However, in my opinion, it sounds more likely that you may have a bad Triac on your board. If so, you may just have to abandon channel 9 for the rest of the season and order replacement parts to make the repair. It's a pretty simple fix, but it'll take time to get the parts.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Call the customer help line if you cannot get that channel turned off. As was stated, it's probably a bad Triac. They normally fail "on" and can't be controlled it they are bad. LOR has been known to commonly overnight either new, or refurb controllers based on warranty standing. It's well worth a try to the help line if you have no joy trying to reset and reboot everything.

Jeff

It's only a Year old. Will they send me a new Triac? How much do they Cost?;)

They'll probably send you a new triac at no cost...however, if the LOR boards use the same triac as the d-light boards, you can pick them up from mouser.com for about $1.50 each. I'll have to look at my LOR boards when I bring them in for the season to see if my spare triacs are good for both brands of controller.

I would not worry about cost i had that happen to me on a new board while testing this year and called and they sent out a new triac and four spares just so i had some. I had them within 2 days and did not cost me a thing. There customer service is great..