Light-O-Rama Forums

Slow Fade sequence suggestions??

morganinaboat

First time user with 16 channels trying to find some sequences that are slower and less energetic than most that I'm seeing. I've got several tracks / sequences from LOR's sequence store but really wanted to find some others that slow down and do more fading on and off with the lights. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks and Merry Christmas :P

Mannheim steamroller silent night can be done nice and slow. I would almost say that the slower, easier going pieces are almost easier to find, but I don't have any other examples right now...

I did jerry vale's silver bells and also Mannheim steamrollers O tannenbaum and used a lot of fades in those songs...

the ORIGINAL christmas canon from TSO is great slow fade track(not the rock version).. I did an AL sequence for that but dont have an LOR for that one...

you can have my sequences if you want them but they are for 176 channels

-Christopher

eldoradoboy wrote:

I did jerry vale's silver bells and also Mannheim steamrollers O tannenbaum and used a lot of fades in those songs...

the ORIGINAL christmas canon from TSO is great slow fade track(not the rock version).. I did an AL sequence for that but dont have an LOR for that one...

you can have my sequences if you want them but they are for 176 channels

-Christopher

Why not use LSP and convert it for him? I think you have LSP.

actually i dont have LSP.. I looked into LSP but havent gone as far as to buy it yet...

I do still have all my AL sequences.. as well as my LOR S2 sequences.. which I am more than willing to share...
-Christopher

How about Mannheim Steamroller, Stille Nacht from the Christmas 1984 CD. I also use Kenny G's O Christmas Tree. I have both in 32 channel if you are interested. I like a mix of music myself, still try to keep it Christmasy and not a disco if you know what I mean. Oh and welcome to the forums!

Merry Christmas,

Bill

I'm working on "Believe" from the Polar Express, and it doesn't get much slower than that, but it is a very good 'Christmasy' song that lends itself very well to sequencing as well. Just a thought.
--Jim--

Thanks for all the help guys. This is a great group! I think that Believe would be great since we've got lots of kids in the neighborhood and they would probably recognize it. Now, the trick will be to find a sequence for the song that is "fade focused."

tomskillman wrote:

Blue Christmas is a good one. I use mostly blue for it, but do some fades in parts.

I have a pretty good looking Blue Christmas, but it's in 80 channels. Might be hard to cut down to 16.

Try my 32 channel sequence of The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. Mostly a sedate sequence keeping beat to the song with one channel devoted to the lyrics. You can find it on lightoramasequences.com.

If you really want a slow song - Look for O Christmas Tree on the same website.

• 10 months later...

Do you have Kenny G 32 channel to share, also any other xmas sequences, thanks charles, am knew at this.

3 I have are mentioned, Where Are You Christmas? Believe, and Christmas Canon. A couple more I have are Bob Seger's, Little Drummer Boy and Martina McBride's, Oh Holy Night.

Lenny