Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Show Interfering with Satalite TV

Randy Martin

What I have found is that when I use the fade up or the fade down mod the Tv will get Digatal interfernce and some times looses reception all together and then comes back in. I use LOR 32 channels and Mini lights and LED I think it is mostly happening when the LED are Fadding. HELP Please.

I would start with a good filtered power strip, or filtered UPS for the satellite receiver. If that doesn't do it, can you let us know what service provider, and brand of receiver you have? What percentage of full scale is your satellite signal strength?

So far, I have not noticed any impact on the DirecTV reception on a DirecTivo, but I have signal strength in the high 90's on both feeds, the DirecTivo on its own filtered UPS, and the rest of the entertainment stack on a separate filtered UPS. Also, my dish is on the back of the house, with it and the coax well away from any of the show electrical lines.

I use Bell Express Veiw and signal strength is about 87 - 89 and use good a filter. I never had this problem last year and everthing is in the same location Cables, cords, receiver, computer. The only thing that is different is that I added 10,000 more lights over the 18,000 last year totaling 28000 which 2/3rds are LEDs.The dish is 25ft. from any cord or light.

The next thing I can think of is to check and see if some of your lights are powered by the same circuit as the receiver. If so, try and separate them.

On a separate thought, do you get a lot of flicker on interior lighting when the lights are running?

Okay I fixed the problem. Why this fixed it I have no Idea. I went and looked at the dish and went to wipe the plastic cover of the lmb and put my finger through it. So I changed the LMB and now the problem has disappeared. The dish points amost 180 degrees from the lights but the LMB points towards a few of the LEDs so mybe that is were the interfernce was coming from.

maybe there were some cracks in the plastic cover your finger went through. Moister got to the LMB and cause some problems such as you were getting. Glad to hear you found your problem.