Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP - 16 Channel Kit - Deluxe

Guest guest

I just completed my first LOR 16 Channel Kit. When I put a multi meter on the output leads on any chanel and use the Hardware util to put any channel on I only get 50-60 volts. Fading, shimmering and so on works but I never get more then 60 volts. I checked the input and I am getting 124. Any ideas????

I found my problem. When I put a meter on the output leads I get a reading of something around 54 volts. When I put the meter on the leads with a string of lights connected I get a reading of 120 volts. But now my # 10 channel seams to be stuck on!

I pulled spares from another kit and I replaced both and the channel now works fine. I ordered some replacement parts from Dan so that I can complete the other kit that I took the parts from. Everything looks good now.

Would never poke fun! My wife got me a kit for my birthday and my family chipped in for another and I bought myself one. I've seen many displays using 16 channels that are great.

One thing I was told when learning to drive: learn on a stick with a small engine. After that, everything else is easy. Perfect your skills on lesser equipment, and reap the benefits when you get more. :D

FWIW, the Bellagio has 4000 individually controlled lights. The equivalent of 250 16-channel LOR controllers. But I'm sure they paid a lot more than $55,000 for that capability!

Tom