Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Software

Guest guest

Hi Is it possible to have the Lights on while we are not running a show or will be need to do something I am going to get LOR and would like to know this. Again I would like to know, is it possible to have my lights on like a static mode while I am not doing a show I want them on static for 15-20 minuted then have a show.

Chris

Light tech Chris wrote:

Hi Is it possible to have the Lights on while we are not running a show
Chris

I'm pretty sure you can. You just have to run a show with all the channels going at once.

isn't there any other way to just have like a Option on to keep the lights on? my friend also would like to know what he would do if he wanted all week static display and on weekends have his shows.

Christopher

Light tech Chris wrote:

isn't there any other way to just have like a Option on to keep the lights on? my friend also would like to know what he would do if he wanted all week static display and on weekends have his shows.

Christopher

A "Show" is a collection of sequences that you schedule to run. If the lights are running, then a "show" is in progress.

Your friend would need to create a sequence with all the lights on, and have it be the only sequence in the show for the static display.

Then, on the weekends, you would run the show that contained your animated or musical sequences.

oh ok cool thanks and how long can you make sequences like for as long as he has his lights on ? just need to ask a bunch of questions before buying it My friend will be joing PC but notyet he is pretty busy so he asked me he is also going to get LOR. sorry for all the questions .

Christopher

Light tech Chris wrote:

oh ok cool thanks and how long can you make sequences like for as long as he has his lights on ? just need to ask a bunch of questions before buying it My friend will be joing PC but notyet he is pretty busy so he asked me he is also going to get LOR. sorry for all the questions .
Christopher

Dan has always suggested that "All On" sequences be about a minute long. Then you'd program a loop in there to strech it out as long as you want.

dslowik wrote:

1.5 is the latest at this time.

When was 1.5 released? I'm having trouble locating my software (backed up on CD before formatting of computer but now I can't find it) and was wondering if I need to just get a new version.

gaines wrote:

When was 1.5 released? I'm having trouble locating my software (backed up on CD before formatting of computer but now I can't find it) and was wondering if I need to just get a new version.

Jan of 2005.

Can someone tell me if the extended version of LOR software is capable of running standard DIO cards and serial 485 dimming boards at the same time ie inside the same song sequence? Or is it one or the other....

Thanks in advance!

Luke wrote:

Can someone tell me if the extended version of LOR software is capable of running standard DIO cards and serial 485 dimming boards at the same time ie inside the same song sequence? Or is it one or the other....

Thanks in advance!

You can mix things together in a sequence.

Don wrote:

Light tech Chris wrote:
Christopher

Dan has always suggested that "All On" sequences be about a minute long. Then you'd program a loop in there to strech it out as long as you want.

The only way I have figured out to have "static" displays WITH MUSIC, is to prepare Musical Sequences that are not sequenced to the song, ie. with all light channels turned "continuously on" while playing various songs.

Unfortunately in Musical Sequences, Loops are not allowed. My goal is 7 minutes of static display and 3 minutes of show animations.

After reading the blogs here at PC and my past years experience, I am afraid that without a static display, people will just stay in front of our house indefinitely watching the sequenced shows, effectively closing our street down. Our neighbors are very supportive of our display now, however if crowds just stay, that sentiment would likely change.

ggregzim wrote:

The only way I have figured out to have "static" displays WITH MUSIC, is to prepare Musical Sequences that are not sequenced to the song, ie. with all light channels turned "continuously on" while playing various songs.

Unfortunately in Musical Sequences, Loops are not allowed. My goal is 7 minutes of static display and 3 minutes of show animations.

After reading the blogs here at PC and my past years experience, I am afraid that without a static display, people will just stay in front of our house indefinitely watching the sequenced shows, effectively closing our street down. Our neighbors are very supportive of our display now, however if crowds just stay, that sentiment would likely change.

It's 6 of one, half dozen the other. It's quite possible that if you have 7 minutes of static display, then people will wait around those 7 minutes for the show. Thus, your street is still shut down.

On the other hand, if you are running only one or two songs at a time, then people will most likely get board with it and move on. Or ... they'll stay and watch it over and over.

Honestly, I think you have to try both methods and see which one works for you in your situation.

Don,

I think you will be right, . . . as usual! My "Plan B" is to quickly alter the shows depending on my experience as you suggest. Perhaps 15 minutes of static display and then one or two animated sequences. On our island, word travels very fast and I think with the MANY hours of programming 80 channels (estimated at 4 hours / minute of song), I have done for each of 10 songs, the display will "Sock their knocks off"!

Your input is very much appreciated!

Greg

PS: My viewing audience does not seem to get board with the display, they come back over and over, bringing friends and family each time. I think this is a good problem.