Light-O-Rama Forums

Found 0 Controllers (resolved)

Guest guest

OK, I read this link, http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/5963.html but it doesn't seem to help me. First, I have six controllers, five were kits and one I purchased already assembled as a "control," something to compare to my assembled kits. I just finished building all five kits and checked them out with the Hardware Utility. I can find five controllers, but the sixth one, no. The LED keeps blinking and the Hardware Utility cannot find it. I tried entering the controller number, but it still could not be found. I am using the USB adapter. I tested all six of these controllers individually but at the same time, i.e., one after the other. I didn't changed anything on the set-up but still cannot detect that one controller. The rotary switches were set to 01. Where should I start checking for the problem? I have a multimeter, so can anyone advise me where the test points should be on the board and what readings I should expect to get?

Thanks,

Denny

Denny,

One of the items that I have read that will cause this situation is the processor being installed in it's socket incorrectly. This may be a first place to start.

Chuck

Chuck,

I made sure they were seated, but after reading your message, I went back and checked again. They were OK, but then I noticed that I had interchanged U0 and U1. I switched them around and no problem with the Hardware Utility finding them. Thanks for making me go back and check. I had checked that they were oriented and seated properly but DIDN'T check to make certain that they were the correct part numbers. Duhhhhhh!

Denny