Light-O-Rama Forums

Low Voltage Spots with LOR?

Guest guest

Tom B. wrote:

Hi All,

Is there an existing thread that discusses using MR16 spots with LOR?

I'd like to know how to do it ... if it is possible.

Thanks,

T.

Tom,

I seem to remember reading somewhere here that channels 1 - 8 of the LOR boards can be fed independently with a different voltage (i.e. low) than channel 9 - 16. The logic etc. is powered from the AC feed on the side of the board where channels 9 - 16 are but, if you don't install the "hot" & "neutral" links and then feed the left side (i.e. channels 1 - 8 side) of the board with your different voltage, you will have 8 channels running low voltage (channels 1 - 8) and 8 channels running regular voltage (120V in your case) I cannot find the thread which included this info, but I'm sure Dan and crew will correct me if I'm dangerously incorrect :shock:

Martin

I use the MC-PD Modular Controller Processor - Deluxe and two of MC-TB08
8 Channel Triac Board.

I have a 12v ac @20amp transformer that feed ea of the 8 Channel Triac Board and run the MR16 flood.

At this time you will have to wait tell the new MC-P V2 Controller come out :{ soon

Jerry Plak

grandad wrote:

Tom B. wrote:
Hi All,

Is there an existing thread that discusses using MR16 spots with LOR?

I'd like to know how to do it ... if it is possible.

Thanks,

T.

Tom,

I seem to remember reading somewhere here that channels 1 - 8 of the LOR boards can be fed independently with a different voltage (i.e. low) than channel 9 - 16. The logic etc. is powered from the AC feed on the side of the board where channels 9 - 16 are but, if you don't install the "hot" & "neutral" links and then feed the left side (i.e. channels 1 - 8 side) of the board with your different voltage, you will have 8 channels running low voltage (channels 1 - 8) and 8 channels running regular voltage (120V in your case) I cannot find the thread which included this info, but I'm sure Dan and crew will correct me if I'm dangerously incorrect :shock:

Martin

That is something that some people have done successfully. The lower (or higher) voltage has to be AC. The transformer that is used to change the voltage will introduce a slight phase shift. Depending on how much the shift is, there may be issues with performance.