Light-O-Rama Forums

lor show

terrawatt

I reinstalled windows xp sp3 with all updates on my dell b1200 1gb ram 1.4 gb cpu laptop,

this is the 3rd season , for lor I updated to lor 2.6.0 converted files to new format,

show will run for random lengths of time 10min, 3hours or any time in between.

then stops I have to hold power switch to turn off computer than back on and it works fine till next lockup. with lor disabled I ran dianostics on the computer, all checks good, no errors.

I get on the internet, watch movies play games, 4 or 5 hours no problem no lockups from any other source. I dont have access to another computer to hook up to.

any help given thanks

gk

Guest wbottomley

terrawatt wrote:

I reinstalled windows xp sp3 with all updates on my dell b1200 1gb ram 1.4 gb cpu laptop,

this is the 3rd season , for lor I updated to lor 2.6.0 converted files to new format,

show will run for random lengths of time 10min, 3hours or any time in between.

then stops I have to hold power switch to turn off computer than back on and it works fine till next lockup. with lor disabled I ran dianostics on the computer, all checks good, no errors.

I get on the internet, watch movies play games, 4 or 5 hours no problem no lockups from any other source. I dont have access to another computer to hook up to.

any help given thanks

gk

You're probably getting noise on the usb cable to the serial adapter.

You might need to purchase this: http://store.lightorama.com/usbcausewius.html

Sounds like noise on the line.

A sure fire way to tell is the next time it locks up again just un hook the USB cable from the computer. If it frees it up it was feedback on the USB.

The cable in that link will fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

hi I got a cable with filter, from lor , plus everything else i did previous post,

still ramdom stops. i disable show and re enable, sometimes i reset 4 or 5 times in 10 hours, some nights keeps running , ???????????????

thanks for any help.

hi I put a mini fridge in the room, this year, I reinstalled windows xp,

I have A dell laptop inspr b120 1gb ram , i got the anti noise cable from lor.

mabe the fridge puts out more noise than filter can deal with, ???

Any thoughts thanks. tw