Light-O-Rama Forums

LORII Question

Guest guest

Dan (or group),

One thing that I've decided to do this year is add some video to my show. It will be important that it be syncronized properly. There are a couple of ways I can do this but I'm trying to find the least expensive (naturally!).

Can anyone tell me for sure if LOR II will have the ability to sync with video (.wmv) instead of just audio? I think I recall that it was using the Windows Media Player as it's engine for audio playback so I'm hoping this was one of those fairly easy enhancements and will be in there.

If it's not, then I can do it via SMPT controlling a dvd player but this will cost more. For those of you interested in adding DMX to your shows I have built and tested a solution for adding DMX control completely synced with LOR for under $500 using purchased components (no soldering!). I'm in the process of writing up a tutorial and will be posting it soon. I should be able to use the same process to control video. I'd just have to buy a rather high end dvd player.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Scott Hardin
Columbus, Indiana
http://www.myspace.com/ChristmasSpectacular

Scott, I am very intrested in the DMX as well. That was the deciding factor for me buying LOR, but Dan can not tell me when it will be available.

For anyone else that is intrested in DMX lighting, I am a Chauvet Dealer and will sell PC members anything at below the advertised price.

You can look at all of there products at www.chauvetlighting.com

Just shoot me a message and I will let you know what your discount price is.

Brian

Scott_Hardin wrote:

I guess myspace was just having problems (what else is new). The site is back up now.

I think it was because of a power outage in CA.

TED