Light-O-Rama Forums

Serial Port Error

jimswinder

Well...I was pretty smug this afternoon when I ran all my songs thru the Sequence Editor...everything was PURRRRFECT!!!

But then I wanted to see it all in the dark. SO I built a show and scheduled it for after it got dark. Went to enable LOR and got the attached error message.

I ran the verifier and it said it could not find the show...and lo and behold the path was to my DESKTOP (where I had created a show before). But I was using my laptop and had just gone thru the show builder and scheduler on my laptop.

Don't know if the Serial Port error is connected to not being able to find the show or not...

any help would be appreciated.

thanks...

Attached files lor port error.pdf

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

Well...I was pretty smug this afternoon when I ran all my songs thru the Sequence Editor...everything was PURRRRFECT!!!

But then I wanted to see it all in the dark. SO I built a show and scheduled it for after it got dark. Went to enable LOR and got the attached error message.

I ran the verifier and it said it could not find the show...and lo and behold the path was to my DESKTOP (where I had created a show before). But I was using my laptop and had just gone thru the show builder and scheduler on my laptop.

Don't know if the Serial Port error is connected to not being able to find the show or not...

any help would be appreciated.

thanks...

What happened when you place the show file in the correct spot?

Mountainwxman wrote:

Don't know how to do that. Thought it did it automatically since when you create a show it does not give an option of where to put it or name it.

I also saw your other post on this subject (about using the hardware utility to find the right port) but wouldn't it be on the correct port if I can play the sequences using the sequence editor?

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

Don't know how to do that. Thought it did it automatically since when you create a show it does not give an option of where to put it or name it.

I also saw your other post on this subject (about using the hardware utility to find the right port) but wouldn't it be on the correct port if I can play the sequences using the sequence editor?

Yes... you're right. Your show file needs to be placed in the correct directory in order for it to play.

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

so how does one do that?

The show file will go into the directory that was setup when LOR was first installed on that pc.

To find out where, go to the LOR directory in program files and run LOR POST.exe

Mountainwxman wrote

The show file will go into the directory that was setup when LOR was first installed on that pc.

To find out where, go to the LOR directory in program files and run LOR POST.exe

I might be mistaken...but that just told me where the sequences and audio files were kept...

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote

I might be mistaken...but that just told me where the sequences and audio files were kept...

Right... and your show file will be there too.

My schedule are in the light-o-rama folder. I installed everything with the default settings. C:Documents and SettingsZachMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama

ok...I see them now...but still getting serial port error

Edit:

Wait..they are in my "Sequence" folder...should they be there??

I don't think so. Mine are in the Light-O-Rama folder, not sequence or audio folder. C:Documents and SettingsZachMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama

I will move them and try it again tomorrow night...

thanks

Edit:
Just created another show...puts it in the Sequence Folder...anyone know how I can change the path it saves to?

Edit II:

Ok..moved the lss file to the main LOR program folder...then re-ran then verifier and according to the verifier it could NOT find the lss file...because it was looking for it in the Sequence folder...

I am soooo confused...