Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 4.0???

redsea300

• I hooked up all my controllers today. I have 17 of them. 2 of the new ones are not working properly. when I ran the Hardware utility it did no find the 2 that were labeled 0E and 10. I directly hooked only one at a time and it found them both being labeled 02 and shows Version 4.4 for firmware . It will not let me load version 4.3. it says BOOTLOAD FILE NOT VALID FOR THIS CONTROLLER. I tried a spare also new one and same problem. Any ideas
  • Thanks in Advance
  • Don C.

I went through some more of my new ones they also have version 4.4 firmware and I cannot update to version 4.3. The lor webpage shows 4.3 is the current version.

Version 4.32 is the current firmware for all except the newest controllers.

Leave the 4.4 in your new controllers alone.

There was a hardware change in the newest controllers that required a new firmware ( 4.4)

Guest wbottomley

redsea300 wrote:

• I hooked up all my controllers today. I have 17 of them. 2 of the new ones are not working properly. when I ran the Hardware utility it did no find the 2 that were labeled 0E and 10. I directly hooked only one at a time and it found them both being labeled 02 and shows Version 4.4 for firmware . It will not let me load version 4.3. it says BOOTLOAD FILE NOT VALID FOR THIS CONTROLLER. I tried a spare also new one and same problem. Any ideas
  • Thanks in Advance
  • Don C.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum76/20630.html

I have 2 of the new controllers that the system cannot find how i have them ID. It show them as 02 and OE is waht I want. I put one of my older controllers in it's place and all is good. That tells me that the cat 5 cables are good. All the cables I am using are for LOR. So right now I have 2 controllers that the system cannot find as addressed.

If the controllers you are having problems with are new, and have the rotary switches for setting the ID number, it is worth running the switches through all their possible values (0 to F) on each one. This will clean the contacts in the switches, and should hopefully allow them to give the correct values. If this does not clear the problem, it could be either a faulty switch, or a soldering problem on the board.

If the controllers are the type without the switches, try setting the ID number again in the hardware utility, with only that one controller you are trying to set connected.

Regards,

Alan.

Thanks Alan, I will try that this morning, I ordered more controllers than I need for this year. I have 4 extras, 2 are not working right now, I will try what you suggested with the rotary switch. I am also going to unpack the other 2 and check them.