Light-O-Rama Forums

Recomend a basic FM Trnasmitter

gizmomkr

Not looking to go a mile this way or that, I know EDM Design has great stuff, but its slow to shipp, and more powerfull than I need.

I just want to go a 1 block radius. Any sugestions ?

Anyone used the C. Crane trnasmitter?

I bought the Mobile black box 6000 version. It did not have enough power for my area. We have a bunch stations around and almost all of them had bleed over. I traded mine for the 4000. The 4000 is more powerful, but you can't adjust its power.

If you don't have a bunch of stations in your area and don't care about the mono, the 6000 is a good unit.

If you have a bunch of stations, go with the 4000. I drove 6 blocks away and was still picking it up and that was using the small rubber antenna that I had, not the telescoping antenna that comes with it.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the 6000. I DONT WANT TO TRANSMITT 1/2 mile. Im looking for something LESS powerfull, and less expensive. Only trying to cover a couple hundred feet, maybe a block. looking to spend 100.00 or less

The 6000 series may be a good fit.

I really dont understand people trying to transmitt 1/2 mile, or more - People cant see your lights that far away (unless you live on a mountian or a huge open field) whats the point?

I'm just looking for low power.

Don't think of it in distance think of it as sound quality...

Those whole house fm transmitters sound like an old am radio station in the car...

the blackbox 4000 soundslike a stereo. I imagine so does the new 5000 model...

You are doing all this work for watcher experience, you don't want to skimp out on sound, you want your sound to match your show - quality!

I've seen shows that the sound quality was poor and ended up leaving before the show was complete. I read posts where guys said their transmitter didn't reach the end of their driveway... Guys saying their sound fade in and out with the wind, etc... You need the extra power to ensure quality

Mono?? your going to transmit mono?? I cant believe that anyone would willingly transmit a stero song in mono to a stero receiver out on the curb.

And there are ways to cut back the signal without the use of a power adjustment. Like shorten the telescoping ant. Move the radio to a back room.