Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR on a trailer

Guest guest

A couple month's ago there was a post (I thought it was from Daniel) where he showed a video of trailer being pulled by a truck (I think, memory not being what it used to be) that had lights blinking with LOR controllers for a parade. I have searched for 2 days now on PC, looking high and low and can not find it.

If I remember correctly there was a problem with running the LOR controller on a generator.

The reason I ask this is because I have several of these AC line filters (see the attached photo) that were harvested from some $20 million dollar Stratus Main frame computers that became obsolete on Dec 31st 1999. The computers that these came from were very high dollar and were used on some classified government projects, many banks and AOL. (I know this because I worked for a company that repaired them) These AC line filters turn dirty AC in to clean AC and are good for 25 amps each. I was wondering if one or more of these would fix that problem.

Bill

edit: forgot to attach picture:)

Attached files 57112=3419-AC line filter 1.jpg

That was Darryl Brown. He had a few trucks adn one with a trailer. He did have Light-O-Rama on the trailer. He could not do fades with the generator. I don't knwo much more than that. I've heard about Clean and Dirty air, like you can't run a computer on a generator because of that...same may apply with LOR.

He was able do use LOR, but no fades.

EDIT:

Here is the link to his thread.

tsmith35 wrote:

Here's a datasheet for the Schaffner FN612-30/10 (PDF format).

Tom

Tom

When I click on the link I get a page done, with no data displayed, when I went to schaffner.com and searched for the unit P.N. the same thing. Several years ago when I first harvested these I was unable to come up with anything, for some reason you were able to come up with some data, anything you could share would be appreciated.

Bill

Thanks Randy, finally got the PDF to open, I had to update my Adobe Reader then it opens just fine. I am surprised they still make this thing, or at least this model, I guess cause it really works. I built a filter for my home theater using one of these, previously when the wife would turn on the vacuum or we turn on the pool pump the TV would turn off then on again, since installing the filter that problem has gone away.

I considered using one for each of my LOR controllers (just to keep them safe) but these filters take unwanted noise and sends it to ground which trips the GFCI, so it won't work for that but I bet it would work on a LOR on a generator.

Bill