Light-O-Rama Forums

Happy Fun LOR 2 Question

Guest guest

I am in dire need of the new features. I Took on a city project that I simply won't have time to do with LOR I. I have faith though I'm almost ready to offer a child in exchange.

Steve

I have zero knowledge of LORII. However, I can't stress enough how important it is that you do NOT WAIT FOR IT TO BE RELEASED before starting your projects.

Some may have an expectation as to the helpfullness of new features ... which may or may not be in line with what these new features can do.

Please, start now. Don't wait.

I want it so I can use the new features, but then again...I'm wasting my time...so I'm just making a zillion sequences...each take like an hour w/ 8 channels.

I guess that the sequences will be transfered to LOR II and I can change anything I want into new features. I can't wait for the new animation screen...It will take up less of my processer! Mine is glitchy now, so I just shrink it.

Don wrote:

Some may have an expectation as to the helpfullness of new features ... which may or may not be in line with what these new features can do.

This is good advice.

A few versions back, LOR introduced a feature that I had begged, pleaded, and whined for -- one I thought was going to save me bucketloads of time. When I saw the feature on the "new in this release" list I literally yelped with joy.

Even though the feature was done exactly as I had envisioned it, it ended up not being such a timesaver after all. I ended up going back to my old ways of sequencing.

So -- even though LOR II will undoubtedly be awesome, heed Don's advice and start now! You can always sequence more stuff with the new version when it comes out.

Now if I could only heed Don's advice myself :shock: -- Haven't touched LOR since last season!

-Tim

Last year, during this very month, we were "just weeks away" (wink) from the release of LOR II as we sat and listened to Dan outline the features of LOR II.

I guess I was a little dramatic. Sequencing is not that hard (and I do mean tasteful sequencing, not just making lights blink). There WILL be a show regardless. However, the show to bring the house down will require the very features and time saving additions that are a part of LORII. Unless for some odd reason, all that is good in LOR II has vanished over the past year.

Steve

Is there a list anywhere that lists the new features and the changes in LORII? I looked in the "Light-O-Rama in 2006" thread and it mentions LORII but says A complete list of features will be posted at a later date.

Is there a web page or message that contains the New Feature List?