Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving Channels

jimswinder

Knowing me, I am probably doing this ass backwards...

Running out of time and wanting more songs in my program, I finally broke down and downloaded some "other" sequences. lol

And found (like probably everyone else) they just didn't fit into my display just right.

So of course I would drag and drop the channels where I wanted/needed them and to keep things straight would have to keep Importing my Channel Sequence. (Since it changes when you move them)

I guess my wish (unless there is already a way) is to be able to "move" a channels attributes (on, off, fade, twinkle, etc) without it moving the actual Channel (Id, color).
Sorta like the "Insert Cut/Copied Cells" function in Excel.

Or am I just over stressed from the looming D-Day (26th) and not thinking straight?

EDIT: and it just hit me as I re-read my post...is it possible to have TWO sequences open and copy from one and paste in another without changing the Channel Titles/Attributes (i.e. Id, Color, Name).

Sorry...at work so can't test my question...

EDIT II: Duh!!! As I sit here pondering more on my STUPID question..of course you can...just highlight the row you want to copy (using SHIFT-END to capture the whole row), CTRl C, move to the new blank sequence, click on the first timing mark in the row it needs to go and CTRL V...right?

Guess I need to talk to myself BEFORE I post. LOL

Jeff Millard wrote:

You sir, have my vote for the best question ever asked/answered on this forum! Keep up the good work, and all the newb's won't have to ask any questions at all.

Jeff

Yeah, well..it would have been even better if I had THOUGHT of it BEFORE I spent a couple of hours re-doing someone else's sequence last night!!! LOL

EDIT: Ok...still talking to myself (must be that time of year!!). I can see this working for a small displayer like myself (only 48 channels) but what do you big boys do with hundreds of channels? The same method?