Light-O-Rama Forums

found 0 controllers

Guest guest

ok, when i go into the hardware utility it says that it cannot find any controllers, when i have on hooked up. i reset the controller but i still isn't working.

help

If it is blinking then the controllers are not comunicating with the computer.

What you have not mentioned is weather you are using the SC485-RJ45 serial adapter or the UBS Serial adapter with the SC485 adapter:)

Bill

LightORama wrote:

Also try the AUTO CONFIGURE button in the Hardware Utility

or just try typing the controller's unit number where it says "Select Unit"...

jeff

thanks, i will have to try thoes tomarrow, i was away for the weekend and im too tired to hook every thing back up.

im using the usb adptor.

ok i dropped a nail while the bord was opened and it landed in between the pins, and then everything turned on b y it self. why was that?

Not trying to be smart or anything, but it was not designed to have metal shorting out contacts, if your board still work's consider your self lucky and try not to do that again:?

ok, if the LED IS BLINKING, and the bord isn't smoking,or smells like it is burning. i think i am in the clear. And aren't the pins made to be connected? i know that to trigger a sequence you have to connect two.

any help

please!!!

ndiaz wrote:

ok, if the LED IS BLINKING, and the bord isn't smoking,or smells like it is burning. i think i am in the clear. And aren't the pins made to be connected? i know that to trigger a sequence you have to connect two.

any help

please!!!
It really depends on what you shorted out, on what damage could occur, and from what you have posted so far it is really not enough information to determine what if anything could have failed, I would at this point ask Dan with as much specifics as you can give, but in my opinion what you need to do is connect it up to the computer using the hardware utility and see if it will communicate with a computer and still blink the lights.

ndiaz wrote:

ok thanks,

i will e-mail dan today, maby i will just call lor.

do they have a support number?

Some how I missed this thread? Sometimes I do not seem to get the new indication when I log on....

You mentioned that you are using USB. In the Hardware Utlity is there new com port present that represents the USB? (If not that is a problem)

In the hardware utility try with the controller attached try the AUTO CONFIGURE... See what happens with it runs? (Does it find anything? If not then com is not working on the card or the USB adapter.

Was this a Kit?

What type of controller and USB do you have?

LightORama wrote:

ndiaz wrote:
ok thanks,

i will e-mail dan today, maby i will just call lor.

do they have a support number?

Some how I missed this thread? Sometimes I do not seem to get the new indication when I log on....

You mentioned that you are using USB. In the Hardware Utlity is there new com port present that represents the USB? (If not that is a problem)

In the hardware utility try with the controller attached try the AUTO CONFIGURE... See what happens with it runs? (Does it find anything? If not then com is not working on the card or the USB adapter.

Was this a Kit?

What type of controller and USB do you have?

no it wasn't a kit, it was the showtime 16 channel with 2 20amp sides. if that makes any sence. im using the usb adaptor that looks like a T.

i dont really know what the name of it is.

Hi,

A couple of unanswered questions from the previous post:

You mentioned that you are using USB. In the Hardware Utlity is there new com port present that represents the USB adapter?

In the hardware utility, with the controller attached and powered up, try the AUTO CONFIGURE... See what happens with it runs. Does if find anything?

If you have another CAT5 cable around try it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this exact same problem today and was driving me nuts. I could control my lights in the Sequence Editor but it would not detect my controller (New Showtime controllers just got today) with the hardware utility.

I tried it on a few different computers and had the same problem. If found out that the HardWare Utility that came with the Light O Rama download (download it from the site on July 25th, just a few days ago) came with an older version of the Hardware util (it was dated 1/13/2005) there was a newer version (dated 5/23/2006) on the drivers CD that came with the USB adapter and it ended up working great.

Yawn, its late. Posting message at 2am in the morning.

Dan, you may want to update the Hardware util in the download.

neworder wrote:

I had this exact same problem today and was driving me nuts. I could control my lights in the Sequence Editor but it would not detect my controller (New Showtime controllers just got today) with the hardware utility.

I tried it on a few different computers and had the same problem. If found out that the Hardware Utility that came with the Light O Rama download (download it from the site on July 25th, just a few days ago) came with an older version of the Hardware util (it was dated 1/13/2005) there was a newer version (dated 5/23/2006) on the drivers CD that came with the USB adapter and it ended up working great.

Yawn, its late. Posting message at 2am in the morning.

Dan, you may want to update the Hardware util in the download.

Yes we should get the updated version in the install. It is unfortunate that you wasted so much time with the USB unit. Although page 7 of the user guide mentions that the hardware utility on the CD should be used, it is overlooked by many.

We were putting a little piece of paper in the USB box that warned people to use the new hardware utility but is sounds like that procedure is not be followed. We will make adjustments.

Yes we should get the updated version in the install. It is unfortunate that you wasted so much time with the USB unit. Although page 7 of the user guide mentions that the hardware utility on the CD should be used, it is overlooked by many.

Who reads the manual!:)