Light-O-Rama Forums

fade question

gizmo

OK im new so be kind...PLEASE

Im trying to do a 4 sec fade up from 0% to 100% and when i look at it in the preview I can see the steps the fade makes:(.

is this just in the preview or will i see it on my house with "real" minis/

thanks scott

It should just be the animation window. It is at best an approximation of how it will actually display on the controllers.

If you want more confidence, go ahead and hook up a controller and string of lights to test it out.

I dont remember where I read this. But when running a single sequence show using the editor. But sure to turn off the "Move grid". This is under the drop down for "PLAY" in the seq. menu at the top of the screeen. This is suppose to help with any jerkyness. Also fades up and down will do this if there is a loading problem. Are you useing LEDs? If so, make yourself a little plug with a 33K 1/2 watt resistor between the HOT and Netural terminals. Plug this in at the end of the string. I am going to need to do this in the next day or two, to two of my strings due to poor fades and this is a multi color string. And when the channel is supposed to be off, all of the green leds are very dimly lit.

In the sequence editor, goto EDIT > Preferences > Display Preferences.

Under "Animation Redraw Throttling" I have the best animation when that is set to LOW.

Worth a check. My computer has a high end video card, so this may be why it's better for me.

I don[t know if I'm remembering right but I seem to remember Dan or someone saying that a fade actually has 256 steps to it. That is enough to make any fade seem smooth.

Westport Lights wrote

Worth a check. My computer has a high end video card, so this may be why it's better for me.

That sir I believe is a major factor. I have been doing my seq editing on my laptop. And I plan to use a tower for my actual show. I could see a big difference to the preview screen between the laptop and the tower. I have a very high end display card in the tower computer. Little flashes to some of the items I had draw in the preview screen on the laptop were missing. While on the tower computer all of the short flashes showed up working correctly.