Light-O-Rama Forums

Laptop question

redsea300

I am using a laptop to run the show this year. How do you get it to keep playing music (out the headphone jack) when the screen is closed.I think the show is still playing when closed but the sound stops.
Thanks for help in advance
Don C.

iresq wrote:

I use a laptop. I went into bios setup and configured laptop to run with top closed. No issues.

How did you get into yoru Bios? I am going to use a laptop for my first year and I wanted to go into the Bios to set the laptop to come back on automatically in the event fo a power failure - I have tried every possible configuration i found online to do during the initial startup of the laptop (hitting almost all of Function keys and I also tried the delete key) yet I still cant get into the bios

I fixed it by doing this. On the desktop right click,personalize,screen saver,change power savings,(in the left menu) choose what closing the lid does. I put do nothing for both battery and when plugged in.
Thanks everyone for the help
Don C.

captioniron19,

As klb alured to, some laptops do not have a bios access from the bios display during boot-up. Some the access is from the control panel. The icon would be labeled some to the effect of "system settings". I think the latest Toshiba laptops are like this. Where as Dell is still using "F2" from the boot screen.

Maybe if you ID what make and model of laptop. Someone might be able to advise.