Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card fell back on previous formatting?

daniel

Well, this post was going to be asking why my mp3 controller was acting weird, and perhaps this will turn into that. I have a miniMP3-director. It has been working great. I have/had 4 shows on there that were event based to control some room lighting, like on/off, 50% dim and such.

However, I noticed that recently, the triggers were no longer working, and basically my entire lighting system no longer worked. So... I had to use a light switch, instead of my push-buttons. Hard I know!

Tonight, I put the SD card into a laptop just to see what was going on, I saw all the shows were gone! And a strange show was there, this has music, so I think I placed it at one of my earlier tests. Which, I would have done a format wipe before I went into production.

So the question is, while I guess its possible the MBR, or partition tables in the SD card could be acting up, is it possible for a SD card to just jump back a format? What would be the main cause of this? Overuse? When I was really using this system, the controller/director was powered up and since all the sequences looped, I think every 2-ish min. But even that, for its intended use, it would be reading from the card constantly during a show for each command, I guess the factor would be the uptime. I did have everything powered up longer than the average Christmas show would be. Last question, does the director have the ability to write data? What changes does an SDcard do when it is being read?

Thanks!

--Daniel L